• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots to Success

Looks sweet mate, that glosso definitely doesn't want to work for you for some reason does it lol, weird. The amano shot is class

Think ill give it a little longer mate and see how it fairs. Just did a cut last night so hopefully get some more compact growth. In the meantime i got 2 of these lovley buggers :)

Corydoras Gold Laser
2013-01-28%2016.58.16.jpg

Couple of update pics, everything growing well not had any algae apart from GSA. Unfortunately the ebi gold has leaked into the gravel thanks to my corys, the substrate dividers have helped as much as they could!

usenavuh.jpg

quhesehe.jpg

edadaqen.jpg

a4a5a3u2.jpg

a2uja7uq.jpg

Looks great now mate. Especially the repens. And the marsilea looks lush. :)

Chers mate, i still think the glosso looks out of place. Its started to spread onto the gravel now but that wasnt the initial intention, not sure what to replace it with though. Cheers

Hey mike, it all looks really healthy, you seem to have nailed it with this scape.

How about replacing with echicularis mini or even taking the s repens further over?

Hey mike, it all looks really healthy, you seem to have nailed it with this scape.

How about replacing with echicularis mini or even taking the s repens further over?

Thanks Ian, still need to remove the frosted backing and replace with black.

I think ill order a pot of S Repens now and get that planted up.

Cheers

Hi mate looks good i do think will look great when get black background on will make all the green really stand out, what is the plant at the front on the left very bright green love that, can never remember names of plants

Thanks dean

Hi mate looks good i do think will look great when get black background on will make all the green really stand out, what is the plant at the front on the left very bright green love that, can never remember names of plants Thanks dean

Thanks Dean, the plant is staurogyne repens.

Cheers mate get pic uploaded once got new background on think will look really good

Dean

Cheers Ian, Java needs thinning out a bit but im happy overall. Replaced the glosso with a full carpet of Staurgyne Repens in the end, looks alot better.

Cheers

Looks great mate. The stuaro carpet is really nice and the emmersed moss looks lush. Is the moss on the end of the root still there or did you take it off??

Cheers pal, no i took it off and placed it ontop for emersed growth. It was getting a bit out of control on the end of the root! Gonna check your journal now!

Back