• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Roots to Success

Water, and now i have tried it with a bit of washing up liquid but its doing the same thing. I think ill be ringing TGM for a refund if thats possible.

Have tried retried cooking oil?

I know it sounds stilly, but it works a treat for these backgroundS. you just need a tiny amount, spread it evenly. Make sure the backing is dry before you do it.

Have tried retried cooking oil? I know it sounds stilly, but it works a treat for these backgroundS. you just need a tiny amount, spread it evenly. Make sure the backing is dry before you do it.

I haven't mate no, going to have a struggle fitting it now though as the tanks filled and what not so i may just take it off all together. Bit of a waste of money though considering they told me to use water!

That's a shame, it's also a lot of money for what it is. I haven't seen it in Wilkos lately either, it was in there for £3 a roll.

Are you gonna leave a background off then? I wonder whether a black one would suit this scape?

That's a shame, it's also a lot of money for what it is. I haven't seen it in Wilkos lately either, it was in there for £3 a roll.

Are you gonna leave a background off then? I wonder whether a black one would suit this scape?

I know, it was £12 so wasn't cheap. Possibly but am I going to get the same issue with it bubbling like it is? Where can I get black backing from?

I tend to use just cheap black matt card from Staples. You get a massive bit for a fiver and if it gets wet, it dries well.

Ive got black Vinyl stuck to my back glass. You know the type that car/van sign writers use?

Cost me a couple of quid for lots. Just ask, if you know anyone local. Absolutely stuck fast, but will come off if you really want it to.

yze2ygeh.jpg

Little update, this was taken about a week ago.

Recently added 30-40 cherry shrimp and my 4 ottos and SAE.

Ill take some update photos over the weekend, I'm due to be picking 10 amanos up from Alistair this weekend.

For anyone who's remotely interested here's an update and a couple of shots 2 weeks on.

Plant additions - Marsilea Hirsuta (thanks @Alastair ), rotala wallichii (thanks @andyh )

I bought some Corydoras Habrosus at the weekend, these are cute little fellas staying at the size you see in the video (around 1 inch)

FTS

2013-01-14%2019.19.37.jpg

2013-01-14%2019.20.05.jpg

Short video, excuse the substrate dividers for now and the seneye device hanging there. I'm hoping the glosso and the other plants cover that shortly.

Touch wood, i've had had no algae issues yet.. but i am having issues with surface scum and i cant work out whether its the redmoor or something more sinister, im actually ashamed to post this image lol.. can anyone help?

2013-01-13%2011.21.50.jpg

2013-01-13%2011.21.53.jpg

Tank is coming along nicely, but that is one serious surface film! turn off the filter, place paper kitchen towels all over the water surface to suck up as much of it as possible and then for a few days when lights go out move the spraybar so that there is some surface agitation, then ensure your CO2 and dosing is up to scratch also, should clear after a few days.

Tank is coming along nicely, but that is one serious surface film! turn off the filter, place paper kitchen towels all over the water surface to suck up as much of it as possible and then for a few days when lights go out move the spraybar so that there is some surface agitation, then ensure your CO2 and dosing is up to scratch also, should clear after a few days.

Thanks Paulo, i will give that a go thank you for the tip. I did a water change on Sunday where i sucked it all up from the surface and its started to come back already. No idea what it could be but my nano which is on the desk next to it also has similar film but not to this extent. My dropchecker is bordering on yellow so i will turn that down and as for ferts im using tropicas premium ferts at 4 pumps a day each (is this enough) for a 125 litre?

Thanks

For the plant mass you have 4ml should be enough, but then again I am currently dosing 10-15ml of Tropica into my 125l tank! lol But I do pump CO2 into it like crazy and was running 6x24w T5 until a week ago when one of the ballasts went!

I'm currently running 2 x 39 Watt T5 maybe i should up the ferts slighty to 5 pumps? And also easy carb at about 5ml (can i up this also?)

I'm currently running 2 x 39 Watt T5 maybe i should up the ferts slighty to 5 pumps? And also easy carb at about 5ml (can i up this also?)
That is a lot of light to start off with, you will need to up that CO2 greatly, 5ml EC should help and 5ml Tropica per day!

Back