• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator advice

andy-mu

Hi Guys,

Have seen a few posts linking to ebay for regulators for fire extinguishers.

Just me probably, but I find ebay a bit dodgy for some things. To me people don't call it flea bay for nothing.
Also if you look for dual guage regulators, they're all from hong kong usually. Again, not to be too hard on them
but I tend to find asian suppliers can be a bit suspect with regards to quality control standards and quality of
their products. R&D possibly not having had too much money spent.

I'm looking for a good quality regulator for an FE co2 setup I want to implement for cost reasons in terms of running.
I have 3 kids hence why I dont want just any old possibly suspect regulator. I had planned to have a separate solenoid
since various trawlings of the internet seem to indicate this is a better method of controlling automatic gas supply
as opposed to solenoids fitted directly to regulators.

I was looking for some advise. What your thought were on good regulators. Are there for example any tried and trusted workhorses?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

I thought the same when I trawler the Internet for my first regulator. I eventually thought sod it and took the plunge and purchased a dual guage adjustable working pressure one from hong kong and it's perfect. Worked out at 45.00 and has a solenoid attached to it. 5 months on and it's still working brilliantly. As is everything else from that supplier

I thought the same when I trawler the Internet for my first regulator. I eventually thought sod it and took the plunge and purchased a dual guage adjustable working pressure one from hong kong and it's perfect. Worked out at 45.00 and has a solenoid attached to it. 5 months on and it's still working brilliantly. As is everything else from that supplier. Also, even though from eBay, and as most things from over their only come with a small warranty, I contacted the actual manufacturers themselves and they honour a 12 month warranty.

Thanks Alastair,

Call me paranoid, but I would just hate to buy something that was possibly substandard. Purely because of having young kids. Naturally the FE would be wall mounted probably again for safety, so it can't be knocked over.

Safety is my main concern. Also with foreign equipment sometimes fitting sizes can be different. If say you buy from UK, then it fits UK extinguishers presumably. Do foreign ones fit as well?

Cheers

Yes mate they do, they'll state whether they fit uk fittings etc. I was a bit skeptic when I'd ordered mine, I have a 7 year old and my co2 cylinder is 3 n half foot high in the living room. Fitted perfectly and touch wood have no problems. It's manufactured by up aqua which make allsorts like the up inline diffusers etc. Plus it's working pressure adjustable. I must admit though I did spend a good few days trawling and thinking before buying it.

Just out of interest; which seller did you use? I notice aquariumHK and AAS sell very similar units, but unsure which one to go for myself

andy-mu said:
Hi,

Based on Alastair's recommendation, the seller I seen was this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Co2-Working-P ... 27bab88fcf

Seems the cheapest

Cheers

That ones good too I believe, it's the next one up from mine.

This is the one I bought and the seller I use. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Up-aqua-CO2-r ... 663wt_1128
You get co2 tubing and bubble counter too with it now. Bummer lol. Delivery is very fast though from him.

But both the other eBay sellers are good.

don't know if it fits the bill for you but I have a wave co2 dual gauge regulator with solenoid £45 delived if your interested
9c141a53.jpg

tom

tovtm said:
don't know if it fits the bill for you but I have a wave co2 dual gauge regulator with solenoid £45 delived if your interested

tom

Thanks for the offer Tom. Having read Alastair's reply I have purchased the one of ebay on the link I provided.

I appreciate the offer however.

Thanks

Plus you'll have adjustable pressure, so you can use an inline diffuser.
What makes that particular model better than yours? I'm just about to order one

Hi matt, the one I linked too you can turn the pressure all the way up to 8 bar, which, I'd nor recommend unless you want your bubble counter blowing up in your face as I did ha ha. If your worried as to whether they'd be suitable for online diffusers then both will be mate.

awesome more than enough, my up seams to like 2.2 bar, and my curret reg cant quite keep it there.

cheers

Just to let you know Alastair, I got the Reg from ebay. First one got lost, so had to send another, hence why it took so long to get here. Fitted it today. Noticed the working pressure seemed to drop after having been adjusted to 1 Bar. Did this a couple of times, had to also adjust the needle valve a bit. Seems to have stabilised the pressure, so will monitor it over the next few days to see that it stays at the bubble rate I've set. I'll gradually up the rate a little once it settles to get rid of the BBA. Used some flourish excel today also. It's certainly got the BBA looking poorly

Back