• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended ppm??

a257383367b40981db324175d0d35e9c.jpg
8ade610014bce25feb62fe0b52e3c681.jpg

This is co2 dificiency?

As this tread already talks about ppm, here is my question:

I have been getting pinhole sized holes on alternanthera reineckii and staurogyne repens (in a lesser extend). Collected feedback suggests this relates to K deficiency.
I am following http://calc.petalphile.com/ to create my macro solution.
Macro solution is KNO3 and KH2PO4 in 500ml of water; dosing about 50ml three times a week.

Dosing regime
Micros: Mon, Wed, Fri
Macros: Tue, Thu, Sat

Below are screenshots of the calculations:
KNO3
zG93LU.png

KH2PO4
dagckQ.png

Macro dosing three times a week. This will yield
NO3: 7.50 X 3 = 22.5 ppm weekly dosing
PO4: 1.3 X 3 = 3.9 ppm weekly dosing
K: (4.73 + 0.54) x 3 = 15.81 ppm weekly dosing

According to EI the target ppm values are
Nitrate (NO3): 20ppm per week (22.5 ppm per week in above calculations, OK)
Phosphate (PO4): 3ppm per week (3.9 ppm per week in above calculations, OK)
Potassium (K): 30ppm per week (15.81 ppm in above calculation, almost 50% off!)

1. Am I doing something wrong in my calculations?
2. Is there another salt I could add in this equation to raise the K ppm to the expected value?
3. Do these calculations explain the K deficiency and the effect it has on my plants?

Thank you

Ok.. I use akadama. Akadama absorvs nutrients. At least when is new.. This absorvs to...so i think that uou have this problem.

bonsai, the end of the leaves are brown. This is not normal....
CO2.

Ok. Will revisit my CO2. Still, how about the 15ppm/week compared to 30ppm suggested for K? How does that reflect on plant healthiness?
No problem. 15ppm is fine, so is 30ppm, so is 130ppm.
As I mentioned many times, if you are dosing and still incur nutrient deficiency then you need to look at your flow/distribution. Just be certain that there is in fact a nutrient deficiency and not a CO2 deficiency.

Cheers,

Back