• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Question/Help: No or minimal tech nano tank

PlantMan216

Hello all!

Id like to start up a nano tank that that has minimal to no tech and am curious on info from people who have created successful ones. I currently have 2 nano cubes, one looks like a 0.5-1 gal and another about 5-7 gal.
The mini id like to have nothing but maybe a light. As for the larger I could add a mini hang on back or possible canister filter with light. Ideally want to keep everything as minimal and cost effective as possible.
Let me know and info, mistakes you've learned from, etc. when starting up a tank like this. Thank you!!!!

I'm no pro but houseplants are your friend, monstera, spider plants, peace Lily. Epiphytes and no aquasoil worked well for me with a tiny internal filter and a desk lamp. Topping up and sporadic smallish water changes was all that was needed

Dirted tank method would be my tip, with a good covering of sand, and a divider. Topping up tends to be every couple of days, but just a half jug, very speedy. Some leaves. Sponge filters x 2 small. A pothos with roots dangled in.

Back