• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Project 178

They simply monitor the ph level and then by injecting co2 keep it at that level, the only issue with them is that there can't be any outside additional effects Ie leaking tannins, otherwise they are very unstable and can increase the chance of algae.
The idea of having injection rates that increase with the plant growth are highly desirable but unfortunately it's just a pipe dream, thought I think I know how it could be done...

Its been a couple of weeks since the start up and things are progressing nicely. Some nice green algae is settling on the rocks and making it look "homey" in there

Things are growing a bit too symmetrical, so i will be stunting the right side and allowing the left side to grow stronger.

Fish should be coming this week.

Hope you enjoy.

DS1_6461.jpg

jB

Looking fantastic Jason. Really loving the right smaller side :) The rock face on the left is pretty dominating at the moment but obviously that'll sort itself out with time as things mature. Must be even nicer to look at in the flesh!

Very clean setup! I like it. My only comment is that the sand path is a bit straight and maintains its width through the centre. If it was a bit more curvy and narrowed towards the rear, it would enhance the depth perception.

Thanks for the comments:)

Steve - This one is going to be LONG term, so it will change slightly as things progress. I plan to prune the right side aggressively....that should show some of the rock and wood work even more.

flygja - Yes, I agree. Not to make excuses, but in a tank this size, its really hard to just have a rock there that makes things perfect, you really have to deal with what you have that is large enough to fit in the tank!! HAHA

Thanks,

jB

Owesome, i wish i could have a nice tank this big at home... Ehh One day maybe.
The sand looks a bit empty though due to the stones being to round at the bottom, especially on the left side IMO. Maybe some smaller stones or graded gravel would give it some more detail? Its a long way for me to get to that level anyway :clap:

I know swearing isn't really the done thing but *!*! me! that's one hell of a scape, just so much to take in! Truly worldclass

This is a very inspiring journal and the scape looks great at both stages shown, the initial planting and the now shot. Almost two totally different tanks but both equally as impressive.

Is it hard to introduce moss to the stones once a tank is full and running?

The moss on the wood looks great too, and overall I love the plant choices.

50 lemon tetras! A great choice :D So are the angels in there now too????

Cheers

Gavin

Looking at a tank like this remind me why i love aquascaping :D
World class work, photographed trully professionally. Probably the only thing what i would remove is the anubias on the left :D

By the way not so much aquarium is out there where the Microsorum Needle looks so balanced and works well with the overall picture.

FYI: Jason will do a photography presentation at the AGA convention this year. Looks exciting especially as how he used 5 lamps for these kind of shots. :thumbup:

I can only but imagine what this must look like in real life. The tank is huge.

Quality lighting on the image taking side of things. just confirms my thoughts about the extra 3 strobes for larger tanks.

One of the best journals around the forums this one. There isn't another that has such a feel.

Not only the setup of the tank and equipment, the DIY aspect, the group sharing the actual setup experience.

Not many even get the viewing experience let alone sit and watch a great name putting a real tank together (I mean real as in not a demonstration setup) I love those pictures of everyone sat around, enjoying each other's company and the 'togetherness' aspect of the photos. Brings a real sense of enjoyment and community into a hobby which can sometimes seem a little anti social (by that I mean most of us do it on our own, show it through pictures and none else ever sees it)

I guess thats one reason why I enjoy people coming round. so I can share what I enjoy in the real (or ethereal once I start barbling :lol: )

And to boot a stunning end result.

All credits to one of the hobbys real 'top blokes' :) Nice one Jason.

AC

Thanks for the Update Jason :thumbup:
We have a thread on UKAPS called 'from this to this'
Would be great if you could add this tank to it.

The thread is here.

Back