• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Potassium Nitrate and BBA

The only thing I can think of that has changed was a batch of new Potassium Nitrate from Ebay.

Well, what comes to mind is that the powder that was sold to you as potassium nitrate contains neither potassium, nor nitrate, or very little of both, and your plants are struggling for macro nutrients.

That is a po
Well, what comes to mind is that the powder that was sold to you as potassium nitrate contains neither potassium, nor nitrate, or very little of both, and your plants are struggling for macro nutrients.

That is a possibility.

Not the presence of a substance but the lack of a substance, meaning struggling plants due to lack of potassium and nitrate or both makes them vulnerable to algae.
So it hasnt got got any nitrates. I guess it could be but I doubt this person would last long on ebay.

If there were no nitrates youd probably be getting BGA. The presence of BBA is telling you its probably not nitrates but CO2.

BBA is strictly a CO2 related algae.The OP is wasting time associating faulty KNO3 with the rise of BBA. Fix the CO2/flow/distribution/gas timing and so forth.

Cheers,

Back