• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Post Your Pics & Videos of the Great Outdoors

IMG-20230514-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20230514-WA0031.jpg

Took a visit to Hartshead pike Asnton u Lyne you can see 4counties on aclear day,a friendly horse came to greet the grandaughter

Lots of beautiful places to visit in the whiterose county. You look like you're having fun.
Yes indeed, I have not been up North for about 35 years so there are more houses and more cars but the good bits have remained pretty much as before.
We have been to York for four nights and now up by Harrogate for another four nights.
We went to Scarborough for a day as I particularly wanted to visit the Tunny club museum but it is now a chip shop!

Guess this one….
8E7DB32B-ABD8-49C6-9AD7-3568FA6A1407.jpeg

It has been a great trip, traveling home tomorrow so we will see what today brings but I have lots of pictures to sort though…
We are certainly experiencing Englands green and pleasant land!
So much green grass and leafy trees but surprisingly blue skies.
After Thursday’s mountain climbing experience we were looking forward to a more casual day, so we drove to the White Scar Caves for some Subterranean fun as we went underground……
The White Claw Cave is a fantastic excursion, situated amongst the rolling Yorkshire dales.
There is a nice shop, cafe and facilities at the entrance leading to an unassuming hole in the face of a small mountain.
The cave covers over one mile and it takes about 80 minutes to complete the guided walk. (The actual cave sytem extend a lot further but it is not accessible to the public)
There are underground streams, waterfalls and various features along the way ending in the huge Battlefield Cavern adorned with thousands of stalactites.
A metal grid path suspended above a strongly flowing stream allows you to follow your guide. In strategic places lighting has been installed throughout the long caves walls, letting you walk past cascading waterfalls, and between massive banks of flowstone and many other features.
I really enjoyed the whole experience although I was surprised I made it out without trashing my poor old back as there are some uncomfortably low sections!
After the excitement of the cave, we set off for lunch at the “Wensleydale cheese factory” and very good is was too.
We then drove through some very dramatic scenery taking in many wonderful sights accompanied with numerous stops offs to make yesterday a very special day to remember.
Nice weather has helped and petrol is cheaper hear than in Guernsey!

Back