• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants turning black

Hi all,
Easy life profito fertiliser 25ml twice a week
I've ordered tnc complete and changing to thar fert has its complete so I have been questioning the profito.
This <"TNC Complete 5L"> should be better.

If you are adding CO2, the plants can only make use of that extra CO2 if their growth isn't nutrient limited by the <"deficiency of another nutrient">. Personally I'm <"too mean"> to buy <"Aquarium"> Fertilisers. Have a look at the links in <"Low-tech 90P with old Tropica aqua soil">.

In some ways the same applies to light, rather than limiting its duration (or intensity) I use a floating plant <"as a net curtain">, and I use <"a long photoperiod">.
That way you can take <"lack of light"> out of the equation and your floating plant has <"already removed CO2 availability"> as an issue. Once light and CO2 are out of the way it <"only leaves the mineral nutrients">.
At that point it becomes <"slightly more problematic">, but have a look at <"Should i start to fertilize?"> and links and <"From Reef to Nature Aquarium a journey">

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi all,

This <"TNC Complete 5L"> should be better.

If you are adding CO2, the plants can only make use of that extra CO2 if their growth isn't nutrient limited by the <"deficiency of another nutrient">. Personally I'm <"too mean"> to buy <"Aquarium"> Fertilisers. Have a look at the links in <"Low-tech 90P with old Tropica aqua soil">.

In some ways the same applies to light, rather than limiting its duration (or intensity) I use a floating plant <"as a net curtain">, and I use <"a long photoperiod">.

At that point it becomes <"slightly more problematic">, but have a look at <"Should i start to fertilize?"> and links and <"From Reef to Nature Aquarium a journey">

cheers Darrel
Hello darrel.

I have got "some" although not enough floating plants to create a curtain. I am changing my fert to the tnc you have posted that's for sure! I really do need to go to complete to benefit the most from the c02 system, its evident every where I look.

I'm going to get my head right into this forum and gain as much knowledge has possible.

Thanks buddy

Back