• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID

What caught my eye was the intense pink/red of the tips, looking at the serrated edge I think it is Limnophilia aromatica.

What's the dark leafed plant on the right of the third picture Clive? excellent contrast against the other plants, I don't suppose you have any full tank shots?

madlan said:
What caught my eye was the intense pink/red of the tips, looking at the serrated edge I think it is Limnophilia aromatica.
Yeah, but don't get too excited because the red may not show up in your tank. A lot depends on the condition of your tank and probably more importantly, the origin of the specimen. In my case I never got red on the adaxial (upper) surface as shown in your photo. Instead mine went yellow on the adaxial but with some red/orange on the abaxial (lower) surface.

madlan said:
What's the dark leafed plant on the right of the third picture Clive? excellent contrast against the other plants, I don't suppose you have any full tank shots?
In that thread the large leafy dark plant on the right is just an old run-of-the-mill Cryptocoryne wendtii "brown'' (Tropica model 109C).

Check the EI tutorial for the full tank shot.

Cheers,

Back