• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID and help with health?

DannS

Hey I’m wondering if anybody could help to identify this plant please and share some insight as to why it’s not doing so well? Other plants in the tank are doing fine just not this one. Thankyou

513d99a9a69efd23d2893c37023b85f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it may be a Selaginella, a kind of terrestrial moss which is why it isn't happy submerged.
I'm sure someone will identify it more accurately for you!

Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS.
Hey I’m wondering if anybody could help to identify this plant please and share some insight as to why it’s not doing so well?
It is a Selaginella sp., and even though they are <"sold for aquariums"> they aren't aquatic plants, which explains why it isn't doing well. I'll be honest, it <"really p*sses me off">.

Edit what @The Miniaturist says.

cheers Darrel

Thanks! Annoying they were sold from within a tank at a fish shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Thanks! Annoying they were sold from within a tank at a fish shop
If they have <"Dracaena">, <"Fittonia">, Selaginella, Hypoestes, <"Ophiopogon">, <"Hemigraphis"> etc. as "aquatic plants" I just tell them that is what they are and ask if could they remove them?

Often they claim ignorance, deny that they aren't aquatic or say "people like them" or some other similar guff.

I'll cut them some slack for "ignorance", but there is not a lot you can do at that point, other than take <"your custom elsewhere">.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back