• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant and Lighting question - help needed!

Hi,
Following on from your advice last week I'm now doing as suggested and adding about twice as much ferts and I'm also adding a bit of micro on the the days I don't put the 'TNC All in One' ferts in.

Just about to do the weekly water change and I thought I'd take a photo of these leaves on the H. agustifolia, (it's only happening to the H. agustifolia and not to any of the other plants), there's not very much of it, certainly not enough to worry about as I can trim the leaves off, but I wondered if it gave you any more clues as to a deficiency in the tank nutrients or is it just old leaves dying off, its only happening to the older leaves.

8683731.jpg

Many thanks.

Attachments

• 8683731.jpg
    8683731.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 42
Hi Martin,
I can't really tell. It looks like the edges and some circular areas of the leaves are thinning, translucent and decaying. That means CO2 shortfall at that location. Just trim them if that's the case. The amount of CO2 required to fix it may be more than you'd want to do.

Cheers,

Thanks Clive, yes it's easy enough to just trim them off as there's only a few, I've got good circulation round the tank so the Co2 is getting dispersed quite well. I'll see if I can crank it up a little more and see if that helps.

Thanks, as always for your help Clive.

Just read your thread and it gives me hope for my tank, check back in 6 weeks!

ha ha, good luck, have you seen the video of my tank further back up the thread?

Mine's far worse, if only you could make money out of brown diatoms...

Mate there's no one else on this forum who can simpathise with you more than me. Lol
Diatoms are a pain in the neck. I'm slowly getting on top of it now. My staurogyne repens has suffered the most but plenty of new leaves looking healthy. Good luck by the way.

lol - if it's new set up Rasbo they will eventually go away, unless you have too much light which is the main problem I had. I assumed the more light the better - until Clive put me right! My light unit has 4x 80w T5 tubes in it but I only use two of them now!

Back