• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planaria

Personally,I'd be more comfortable overdosing prazi than dosing the No planaria stuff.
What dose did you try on the separate container that was effective?

Once asked Dr. Fiona Mc D. if Prazi would be effective, she said in theory it should, alfter all they are flat worms. Thus i tried.. Only know the recomended dosage on the package does not. Not even the 14 day treatment. Tho it seems to make them less active but they definitively survive it. I never replied this back to her to talk about dossage.

I didn't make it a long term experiment to find the proper dose.. I just once did try out of curiousity a pinch fluke solve in a glass of water with planaria. It looked like it killed it about instantly.. In comparance in volumes it was rather a huge overdose. I have absolutely no knowledge about it also no idea if overdosing Prazi affects snails etc.

No-Planaria does kill some snails.. And few years back i had a negative experience with Amano shrimps.. I'm not sure if it was no-plalanaria causing it or all dead planaria in the substrate. But shortly after all Amano shrimp showed poisoning symptoms, coloring Amber and go Spastic and finaly die. Cherry shrimp are yet not affected.

For now i decided to stop feeding froozen foods as best alternative. This seems to be the most obvious cause to me.. Since i only experienced planaria infestations in tanks were i did regularly feed froozen bloodworms.

Hi all,I've used <"Panacur as well"> without any snail or crustacean deaths.

cheers Darrel
I have two horned Nerites which I dearly love for their algae eliminating skills. I would like to a tank that I treated with panacur about three months ago. Is it safe to reintroduce them now?

Hi all,
I tried Panacur and it didn’t work.
Are you sure your <"Flatworms aren't Leeches?"> Leeches are Annelids and they aren't effected by Panacur. The Leeches aren't fish feeding ones, they behave very similarily to Flatworms. The easiest way of telling them apart is via movement, Leeches loop and Flatworms glide.
How long is it supposed to take?
You get a pretty much instant effect on Hydra, Planaria takes a bit longer.
I have two horned Nerites which I dearly love for their algae eliminating skills.
My water is hard enough, so I've never tried Nerites, hopefully some-one else will know.

cheers Darrel

Fenbendazole(Panacur) can have adverse effect on certain species of aquarium fish when dissolved in water.

I think what one uses all depends on what fish and other critters are in the tank.

Kusuri Wormer plus(FLUbendazole) is very safe on any fish and it's effect on planaria is similar to that of Fenbendazole.
Flubendazole however, will kill the snails, at least in the doses I did... I am surprised that Fenbendazole does not kill snails...Perhaps, again, it's all about the dosage...

I was reading somewhere that the difference between a poison, toxin and a cure is in the dosage...

I just bought "no planaria" - I should have some left after treatment if you fancy going halves?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, however, I wondered if I should use no planaria or seachem paraguard to get rid of them? I noticed (to my horror) a couple of planaria in one tank and small one has appeared in my other tank. I understand that where there is one out on the tank there will be hundreds in the substrate. I have shrimp in both tanks.

Back