• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi all,

I'm going to echo much of what has already been said, but I wanted to say it anyway.

The event overall was a huge success. It's always a privilege to work alongside like-minded enthusiasts, doing something we are all so passionate about helping to achieve the same goal - promotion the planted tank hobby and aquascaping. The Tropica collaboration with Pets at Home has huge potential for our hobby and it's events like these that will help to inspire to whole new generation of plant growers and aquascapers.

Everyone worked so well as a team; from Mark Evans taking the lead of the big tank, to the staff making the teas and coffees. Everyone had their role and fulfilled it so well. It really was like a well-oiled machine, so much so that we were almost 24hrs ahead of schedule on the Saturday afternoon.

I have to mention the Pets at Home guys too. It's no secret that Pets at Home have a poor reputation at times, but in defence of this store, I have never met such an enthusiastic, highly motivated and knowledgeable team. I really was pleasantly surprised, and have a lot of confidence that this massive tank will be in good hands in the months to come. I cannot wait to see it evolve into what should be one of/the best large aquascapes in the UK.

I am really excited to work on the next monster in Stockport, and hope to see many of you there! :)

Fully planted ready to fill
_MG_2190.jpg

Plant prep with Ed Gercog
_MG_2191.jpg

_MG_2194.jpg

Mark Evans and Ed Gercog
_MG_2198.jpg

Dan Crawford admiring Ian Holdich's bottom.
_MG_2201.jpg

_MG_2202.jpg

Hi all,

A huge thank from me to all my wonderful free-lance scapers and the Pets at Home colleagues helping out in the weekend. You have done a truly amazing job, and I believe we all look forward to watching it grow! Can't wait to be part of the NeXT event in Stockport where I hope to see as many of you as possible.
Best regards
Lars Green
Managing Director, Tropica

Well I went over there today and all I can say is wow! It's huge! You all done an amazing job and I just wish I could of seen it all being prepped and planted.

My fiancé wanted a pic of me standing in front of it, so here is

mTO8gqp.jpg

I do have to report that there were a few crypts floating about in the current. I wanted to dive in to replant them.

The Roma125 (I think) that George scaped looked good too.

It's nice to see that PAH have upped their game plant wise, and I picked up a nice narrow leaf Java fern for my 60cm.

I think I'll pop back in a month or so to see how it's all grown in.

May I say I massive thanks to everyone who contributed to this display!

As it's already been mentioned, everyone worked extremely hard, and the whole event worked like a well oil machine.

It goes without saying that, this can only help and inspire enthusiasts and new comers alike. That's the main aim of these projects taking place.

I think we must all feel honoured that we get a chance to do this here in the UK. A massive thanks to Pets at Home and Pete Carey, and a huge thanks to Tropica for providing the layout and plants; a combination that I can only see as being a good thing for the future of planted tanks here in the UK.

The pets at home in store colleagues will play a huge role in maintain this layout, and I have 100% confidence in them to succeed.

So for now, thanks to all, and we look forward to seeing everybody at Stockport branch on the 7th and 8th September!

Maintenance will be carried out by in-store colleagues. There's a wealth of well educated members in the new malden branch who will look after this aquarium.

We have advised what should happen, and it's along the lines of any newly setup planted aquarium.

The plants are from the 'easy' category, and lighting is supplied by 8 x 150MH which are 'staggered' so that it's not 100% of light all of the time.

The tank also includes Co2 injection, via pressurised co2 and the biggest Co2 diffuser I've ever seen (specially made by our good friends CASCO)

There will be the initial problems that any planted tank goes through, but staff members are dedicated and committed to keep this looking at it's best. Extended siphons are in place to take out any crypt melt, and an algae crew will be introduced shortly.

Do they expect to need to go inside the tank, in order to reach plants?

erm.. yes

135301799_pets_445417c.jpg

little article on it here if you pay the times for access.. - The next big thing in your living room? | The Times

Just wanted to echo again what everyone said. Great weekend, great tank, great staff and greatly organised by Mark and Tropica. It was a pleasure to be involved in although there was probably some salty sweat in the tank from those MH's cooking us!!

Ill try and get some more pics up tonight from the ones I took.

Was amazing to meet you all. What a fantastic and inspirational weekend. As promised I'm
On here now so will be seeking loads of advice :)

Was great to meet such passionate and knowledgable people and see the Tropica team again.

Thanks guys
Pippa
Welcome to UKAPS, Pippa! :)

Looking forward to seeing your lovely little display tank on here at some point.

i would love to put the pics up but it won't let me. And where should i post them ?? So excited about seeing everyone again at Stockport. Might even bust out my tropica top and join the crew :)
But hopefully the "tripple P" scape will be making an appearance soon if i can work out this sight. Not very good with anything technical that doesn't involve water.​
Back in new Malden tomorrow so will post some pics of how it going. (again if i can figure it all out lol)​
Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Back