• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pellia Bleaching

frothhelmet

I got some 'Pellia', Monosolenium Tenerum, recently, and when I put it in my tank the dark healthy colour bleached out to pale green sickly colour and it when from 'crispy' to rather limp. Here is a horrible picture of some of it (it is lying on the bottom in various locations in my tank).

pelia.jpg

Is it dead? Or like moss can it rise from the dead?

What might have caused this?

It is in a 20l nano with
24w fluorescent
pressurized CO2 (1 bubble per 3 secs)
ADA Amazonia I
Dosing 1/2ml of Tropica Plant Nutrition (not+) daily
10% daily water changes

Any ideas?

Hi,
When plants disintegrate, one should immediately suspect poor CO2/flow/distribution.

Cheers,

I would agree in most places, but pellia can be grown in jars of water without water changes for months.
Do you dose liquid carbon>
Carbon supplements tend to do this to liverworts.

Funny that, my mini pellia was doing fine in the tank for months and recently is turning to crap. Nothing has changed and only dose TPN+, the only thing that is done is water changes.

Yeah I know! The place where I got it had it in a biorb with an airstone and it was super green and bushy. And yet when I give it strong light and CO2 it fades away...Don't understand it.

Nope, don't use liquid Carbo. Quite flummoxed really.

Big thanks to Neil (Nelson) for giving me a huge bunch at the TGM meet. Hopefully won't turn to dust in my as it wont be used to neglect like the other piece...or will it ;P

Back