• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

osmocote/mircale grow

del1968

Seedling
hi does any one use this as i asked at the garden centre for osmocote and they gave me mircale grow and said its the same stuff,now my prob is my water got slight cloudness to it

so did I and the water was very cloudy , I've since bought new gravel and it was prewashed until water in glass was clear but i put it under my new gravel and already after one day the water has turned cloudy

Hi all,
It shouldn't really matter what the name is, what you want is a "control released fertiliser". If the Miracle-gro is the
"all purpose continuous release plant food" (little brown capsules in a plastic jar) it should be OK, but I would expect it to leach nutrients (including NH3) more rapidly than Osmocote.

Miracle-gro belongs to Scotts, Osmocote was developed by Sierra, subsequently bought by Scotts and now is owned by ICL (whoever they may be). Fisons produced a similar product, "Ficote", now possibly available as "Nutricote", this doesn't contain any NH3 nitrogen, so would be a safer product for us, but I'm not sure about its availability in the UK.

cheers Darrel

Back