• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Old rocks

ParanoidJack

Seedling
Hello aquarium hobbyists, my name is Razvan, I'm from Romania and a enjoy this hobby for 3 years. Untill now I tried the dutch and the nature style, but In my latest setup, wich i'll present to you, I'm trying to get something nature and wild.

The tanks has 180 liters, 100x40x45 (cm) and the equipments are:
- light: 4x39w Giesemann 2 midday + 2 aquaflora;
- filters: Eheim 2028 1050l/h filled with seachem matrix + Eheim 2213 440l/h filled with eheim substrat pro + surface skimmer Dennerle turbo skimmer;
- co2: 10kg cylinder , Jbl pressure reducer, Aquamedic valve, Dennerle 588 ph controller, Dennerle ph electrod, Aquamedic 1000 co2 reactor;
- substrate: Jbl manado 30l;
- the stones are picked from a mountain river bank in Romania.

Fishes: 10 ember tetra, 5 otocinclus vittatus, 2 sae.

Plants: hemianthus micranthemoides, hydrocotyle tripartita japan, rotala rotundifolia red, cryptocoryne parva, anubias nana petite, staurogyne repens, alternanthera reineckii mini, amania bonsai, ludwigia peruviana, rotala macrandra green, fissidens fontanus.

Fertilisers: Vimi all in red 15ml/day + Vimi accelerator 6 ml/day;
Lights are on 5 h/day for the first 2 weeks, no pause;
Water change - 50% one per week;
Ph - 6.8

The scape is not yet complet, I need some other plants wich I will find and get soon.

Please feel free to criticize or advise!

01262170a7e13e.jpg

01262157e27c3.jpg

Hi, nice job. Very nice rocks , like the arrangement of them too. How long did it take to position them?

Hi Razvan,
I love the swoopy curves and then the little pebbles and bits of twig bring it all to life.

cheers phil

Thank you all for the nice words and apreciation. The scape is far for complete, it nearly has 1 week and it will suffer many changes :)
Update:
I removed the anubias and the pinatifida in the right corner because of their large leafs and I added rotala macrandra green instead. I also addes more pebbles to the side of the left rocks as Darrel advised (I hope I got your advise right).
I also addes some glosostigma infront and I tied some fisidens fontanus to little pebbles that I hid in the cracks of the rocks.
For the right half of the scape I'm searching some small plants with nature-look like. I find hydrocotyle verticillata and ranunculus inunadus perfect to suit my idea. What do you think? Imagine an invasion of verticillata and inundatus "swalowing" the stones.

0130219162179.jpg

It's looking good will look even better once thr plants find their way amongst them., be carefull mind keep an eye out for makapaka.:D

Back