• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Biomaster Users: Has anyone tried Concave upgrades?

Let me know how it goes!
Just a small update since trimming the plants that were close’ish to the inlet strainer of my glass skimmer, l’m talking the lower inlet section ( which is fully open ) not the floating skimmer section,

It’s probably too early to jump from the roof tops but since Thursday when l did the trim the whole set up has been faultless and silent, l’m amazed. Could just a few lower nicely growing Amazon Sword stems/leaves that were “in the area” of the intake grid have affected the flow to it so much as to create the daft bobbing, air sucking and eventual sinking of the surface skimmer? All l’ve done is trim any vegetation in the line of flow and it’s back to normal.

Time will tell…….

Time will tell…….
That sounds like a promising start! Keep me in touch with findings @Superpuma1 !

My 2 x Oase 250's are quiet and stable - and I am still trying to find out why some units are not for others. Even those with 250's sometimes report high noise compared to other filters.

When I place my iPhone 'dB Meter' app very close to both running units (using dB-A), it measures only 42 dB on average and is very quiet to the ear. Also, after the initial settling-in period post-maintenance, almost no air escapes.

IMG_1053.png
IMG_1054.jpeg

Gosh, those 250’s do look dinky. I’m wondering if I should get a 250 housing and the other shorter bits for my 350?
I really don’t need all the media that’s in it and a shorter filter should make maintenance easier for me.

Last edited:
Gosh, those 250’s do look dinky. I’m wondering if I should a 250 housing and the other shorter bits for my 350?
They are indeed very compact—only 37 centimetres tall—but between the two, they hold around 8 litres of biomedia filter capacity. If you had no plants to help you, these two dinky little units would support 8 x 5-inch fish without blinking an eye.

Considering I get them in a small space and they provide redundancy, I really like them - even with their little quirks!

Back