• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase BioMaster Thermo External Filter

Yeh, I thought I was going a bit crazy! I have 2 and one came with one and I thought I'd lost the other one...presume they must have come from slightly different batches in that case. I've got another one ordered now anyway thanks!

I have bought an oase bm 600 for over 1,5 year ago now new in box, secondhand. But I allways have lots of troubles getting it running. It sucks in air or it start spilling out water from the head unit.. I opend it and cleaned it once noticed that the foam around the motor was all mushy and it fell out there also was alot of water traped in there. Getting it running right is more a thing of luck then it is normal. Can't return it to the store as it is bought from someone and I don't got any receipt of it..
Don't think that I will buy an oase filter ever again having a hard time getting it started every week or sucking in air and filling up the reactor with air.. It even gets worse by time.

Hello all,

Oase is not big brand here in France. Not so much supplied by shops or online. Reading all threads from this forum I would like to share with you my first feedback.
I finally purchased one Biomaster 250 instead of Eheim pro 4+.

The first thing is that in term of noise level compared to my eheim experience 150, the oase is really noisy. The eheim was silent you need to put your hears close to filter head to hear something. At 5 meters distance I can hear the oase... I'm a bit dispapointed about the noise level. My local vendor told me that it is almost same compare to PRO4+.
The prefilter chamber look really great for weekly maintenance but overall filter conception looks really complexe. Lot of differents parts more chance to have one broken in futur. Another good point 4 years warranty.

I keep it as it was setup by default only remove plastic to replace by biological media.

Hello all,

Oase is not big brand here in France. Not so much supplied by shops or online. Reading all threads from this forum I would like to share with you my first feedback.
I finally purchased one Biomaster 250 instead of Eheim pro 4+.

The first thing is that in term of noise level compared to my eheim experience 150, the oase is really noisy. The eheim was silent you need to put your hears close to filter head to hear something. At 5 meters distance I can hear the oase... I'm a bit dispapointed about the noise level. My local vendor told me that it is almost same compare to PRO4+.
The prefilter chamber look really great for weekly maintenance but overall filter conception looks really complexe. Lot of differents parts more chance to have one broken in futur. Another good point 4 years warranty.

I keep it as it was setup by default only remove plastic to replace by biological media.

Salut Compatriote! :)
I m surprised that you find the Oase noisy, my Thermo600 is very quiet, you have to be really close to hear it.
The only time I can hear it is actually when there is some air trapped in it. In this case, just tilt it slightly front/back and left/right for few minutes to get rid of the air.

Regarding the media:
- In the prefilter: I replaced all foams (except one) by less tick ones (30ppt)
- In the canister: kept only the bottom foam and put Aquario Neomedia Soft in all baskets with 2 bags of purigen

Salut :)
Which version do you have because If I understood well there are two models of the head. I have the second one with the add on bar.
I already tilt it to remover air but no improvement. It is still generating some vibrations.

Got the first version, but Oase sent me the improved head.
b47b6ab4d3341e92dabc84a89d1404c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ok so we have the same head. I open it to check everything seems correctly mounted. I check the filter to remove air. But still noisy, I can hear the flow and also some vibration in the cabinet.

If I have enough time this weekend I will see my reseller.

Ok so we have the same head. I open it to check everything seems correctly mounted. I check the filter to remove air. But still noisy, I can hear the flow and also some vibration in the cabinet.

If I have enough time this weekend I will see my reseller.
If you're using a surface skimmer, check that it doesn't suck air from the surface.
I had this issue in the past and had to change skimmer model for one with bigger bottom grid opening

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yep I have a surface skimmer but noise really comes from the biomaster. When I unplug it no more noise.
Moreover surface skimmer runs only few minutes 6 times per day.

As eg mine is doing noise like this guy in below video

Last edited:
I mean surface skimmer (see photo) connected to the inflow of your Oase. Then it sucks air, going to the Oase which create noise in the canister.
df8435905b3182f4d8f10cf78b689fd6.jpg

I have one of these and my filter is still silent.
The only noise it makes is when I move it, like sliding out this drawer they are sitting on. So i guess there is air somewhere?? But during normal operation both of mine are silent.
Both purchased new several months ago.

i-QvsWssf-XL.jpg

Thank you booth for your feed-back. I’m travelling now, perhaps I will have a good surprise coming back home on thursday.

Two days opérations will remove the air...

No luck... even worst arrving tonight. I will go to my reseller on saturday.
I think there is too much pieces assembled in this Biomaster which increase change to generate vibrations.

I went to my resseller after work I need to bring it back but unfortunatly they will not change it. We have to wait after Oase RMA.

They have two running in their showroom and they are really noisy too. So not sure that they will consider my request.
I will try to reach Oase directly tomorrow by phone.

Happy New year!

My reseller and the sales guys from Oase had both tested it and sound level is normal. I changed it for Eheim Pro 4+ finally and it this time it is really silent.
That's realy a pity Oase prefilter system and build quality are really better.

Hi, can someone share the contact details of the Oase support team (email)?
I have the same air trap issue on my Biomaster 250.

Does anybody know exactly where the air is coming from?
Is it the suction side? Is it a pressure/suction differential issue?
Is air pushed through the hole filter or just at the impeller?

I have my filter ordered via Singapore and I doubt there is anybody close to assist me.
I like to troubleshoot this myself.

Back