• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nursery propagator with ultrasonic misting

Currently sat on the windowsill on a heat mat fertilising with EI.

I will confess that it's the second version, Initially, I tried using a conventional propagator but the seal wasn't good enough and the water vapour was rolling across my desk.

20200326_180701.jpg
20200326_180615.jpg
20200326_180632.jpg

I'm currently running 20minutes off, 1 minute on from an Arduino.

The plan is to add some Cryptocoryne Parva and some mosses and liverworts, Slowly working on a jungle style tank layout.

Any suggestions what I should try growing (needs small leaves)

Hi all,
Very nice. I love foggers. They were just coming into commercial horticulture when I left, but they were obviously going to be the next big thing because you could root really small, soft cuttings with them.
heat mat fertilising with EI.
I'd go for a much <"weaker salts mix">, no more then a 1/4 EI and probably nearer 1/10.

You can still get <"fertiliser burn"> even with very weak solutions.

cheers Darrel

I'd go for a much <"weaker salts mix">, no more then a 1/4 EI and probably nearer 1/10.

You can still get <"fertiliser burn"> even with very weak solutions.
Thanks for the tip will do, It might be worth doing a water change anyway as I'm using a leftover bag of tropica powder soil so probably don't need to dose anything for a while, It's so easy to plant and nothing floats away.

I'll see how I get on with this one first..

Be cool to set up something like this with led lights attached above..
If you were clever enough with the link pipes I imagine you would get away with only 3 misters in the top 3 drawers.
I only paid £4 for the heatmat and a similar price for the mister.. The most expensive thing would be the soil..

Does anyone know how often I need to turn on the mister on to stop delicate plants drying out?
torage-combination-with-boxes__0535760_PE649618_S5.jpg

Nice idea, I think the Trofast unit would soon warp and turn to weetabix though. It's only Particleboard, Paper foil, Plastic edging and it doesn't like moisture.

They do a solid wood version, that might take a few more days before warping out of shape..
I'm also not sure if you would have space to fit the lights in..be better to buy a sheet a marine ply and get the router out.

torage-combination-with-boxes__0351184_PE547497_S5.jpg

Back