• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noname, second hand, 40l

chka

in March I restarted my 40l tank.

Arcadia lights 1x24W mounted to the old tank top together with original 15W,
JBL CristalProfi e 401 filter,
DIY CO2 system based on citric acid and baking soda.

IMG_4488.JPG

plants:

Pogostemon helferi
cryptocoryne wendtii
java moss
cuba
monte carlo

lilaeopsis mauritiana
eleocharis acicularis
anubias nana

IMG_4490.JPG

at first I tried to breed there margaritas, but got only one fry and one älian" which later become killi. Probaby its egg come here with java moss from other tank :)

in 3 weeks it become like this:
IMG_4609.JPG

which probably was very good for fry :)
IMG_4637.JPG

in the beginning of June with help of Amano shrimps it become like this:
DSC03868.JPG

I put here Java moss "tree" from Stonehenge, 55l , added 3 adult killies.
eleocharis acicularis did very good - cuba, montecarlo and lilaeopsis mauritiana practically not visible...

and now it looks like this:
IMG_5422.JPG

That's a nice looking tank, love the wildness of it. Did your little baby fish grow into the fish under the spray bar in the picture second from the bottom?

Did your little baby fish grow into the fish under the spray bar in the picture second from the bottom?

No that one was adult killie.
The baby now is 2/3 of adult size
yqe2enun.jpg

there was CO2 catastrophe (soda/citric acid DIY reactor) in November and all fish and shrimps was poisoned and died :(
So it was empty for few month and I got proper CO2 system here.

At the moment it looks like this:
IMG_7614.JPG

Now I tried to breed tiger barbs in it and there are 5+ fry swimming :)
DSC07667.JPG

IMG_7650.JPG

There are no any other fish here at the moment. But there are few cherries and asellus aquaticus:
DSC07705.JPG

DSC07696.JPG

DSC07675.JPG

DSC07662.JPG

Where did you get asellus from? Me and my girlfriend are entomologists which means we're a bit strange (well her anyway ;) )she likes the look of it and now wants one for our tank! Probs won't hear the end of it....

Hi all,
Where did you get asellus from? Me and my girlfriend are entomologists which means we're a bit strange (well her anyway ;) )she likes the look of it and now wants one for our tank! Probs won't hear the end of it....
You should be able to PYO, but I always have plenty spare if you want some.

I've been sending them out in a <"tub of damp Riccia">, and that seems to work quite well.

cheers Darrel

Wow, what's your secret to so many fry? Are they breeding in that tank or are you growing them on.

The tank looks great too - I love the wild looking carpet.

Wow, what's your secret to so many fry? Are they breeding in that tank or are you growing them on.

The tank looks great too - I love the wild looking carpet.

I am not sure how many fry I have got... maybe 40-100.... will try to count them when they free swimming.
I breed them in a tub and then moved to the tank...

Back