• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Night of the living roots.

Hi all!
Any tips for bolbitis heudelotii? leaves are growing way too big. Also can it propagate by leaves without cutting any part of the root?

cheers!

Hi all,
was hoping for some personal experience though
I think they eventually grew large, even in a low tech., low nutrient situation.

This is one of mine and it has grown this big from a single rhizome in 7 - 8 years. I don't know the nutrient level of the tank, but last time I looked at the conductivity it was ~100 microS. I haven't fed the tank for a while, but any added nutrients are via the <"Duckweed Index">.

Bolbitis_Feb2016_web_zpsbqqmfvrr.jpg

(from this thread <http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/glumag-o-clabar-new-tank.39814/#post-432542>).
Also can it propagate by leaves without cutting any part of the root?
It doesn't grow new plant on the leaves like a Java Fern would.

The rhizomes are much finer than an Anubias, and less tough than Microsorum, so its easy to separate off new plants.

cheers Darrel

Hi Darrell!
mine has grown that big in a 6 month period! it shoots 5-6 leaves per month and they are getting big real quick!
i often cut a leaf or two. it is difficult to propagate because the rhizomes are stuck deep in the root/rock structure.

hi all and thanks for your kind words.!

in my opinion tank has lost its original scape idea.i like nature style but i never meant to go jungle. it just happened as ive not dealt with this tank for a while.
now im thinkin to remove tall plants at the left and fix the flow design and lines a little. Any ideas?!?

Last edited:
Back