• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie from south wales!

Megann194

Hi all!
I’m new to live planted aquariums and currently researching everything possible to ensure im fully prepared. if im honest, it’s overwhelming. There’s so much conflicting information online. It’s no wonder i got it so wrong when i just had guppies in a tank with plastic plants over ten years ago!

im hoping to purchase a 50 lte tank for a Bette fish with live plants, im hoping this will be more than enough space for the lil fella to swim around and exhibit natural behaviours. Theres just so much to think about such as water levels, light, heat, temp, wether to have clean up crew or not (shrimp, snails) i mean im not super fussed on snails but I wouldn’t be against shrimp but at the same time i dont wanna cause a stressful environment for my betta!

hoping to get some reliable information from UKAPS before i set up my tank in a couple months time.

Wish me luck!

Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS. You have a good LFS in <"Newport Aquatics">, they have a FB group.
im hoping to purchase a 50 lte tank for a Bette fish with live plants, im hoping this will be more than enough space for the lil fella to swim around and exhibit natural behaviours. Theres just so much to think about such as water levels, light, heat, temp, wether to have clean up crew or not (shrimp, snails) i mean im not super fussed on snails but I wouldn’t be against shrimp but at the same time i dont wanna cause a stressful environment for my betta!
Fifty litres should be fine for a Betta. In terms of plants have a look at <"Planting density for start up tank.">. I'll add in @dean , he knows much more about the fish than I do.
There’s so much conflicting information online.
It is a real problem, have a look at <"Aqua Noob"> and linked threads etc. (I did apologise to @Miss-Pepper).

cheers Darrel

Hello, welcome. :wave:
if I remember correctly, you have good tap water in south wales for aquaria.

Last edited:
Back