• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie for planted tanks

Marky Knuckles

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark and I am from Lancing ( just outside Worthing ). I currently have a Tanganyika aquarium. My other half doesn't like it as it is quite plain as the African lakes don't really have plants etc. So I am researching a planted tropical aquarium. I am completely new to this kind on aquarium as so much has changed since I last had fish ( 30-40 years ago ). My dad had about 15 tanks in our when I was a kid. There is so much to catch up on and learn, which I am really looking forward to. So expect a lot of questions from me in the future.

Welcome :)
Not very familiar with African lakes but
its not impossible to have plants with Tanganyikans.
Below my Neolamprologus brichardi pair with 6 batches of offspring ;)
20190107_121848.jpg

Regards Konstantin

Welcome :)
Not very familiar with African lakes but
its not impossible to have plants with Tanganyikans.
Below my Neolamprologus brichardi pair with 6 batches of offspring ;)
View attachment 178334
Regards Konstantin

Hi @Konsa Well, that tank is very, very nice.... I remember back in the day a buddy of mine did a Lyretail only tank just like yours with tons of plants. If they are on a good diet and the hardscape emulates their natural spawning grounds they wont touch the plants - that goes for quite a few other Tanganyika cichlids as well.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi @Konsa Well, that tank is very, very nice.... I remember back in the day a buddy of mine did a Lyretail only tank just like yours with tons of plants. If they are on a good diet and the hardscape emulates their natural spawning grounds they wont touch the plants - that goes for quite a few other Tanganyika cichlids as well.

Cheers,
Michael
Thanks.

Back