• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Toy

The bike I had before my current ZX6R was a UK model Yam FZR400RR 4DX. Always loved the 400cc's as my 1st bike was an NC30 (for 5 years) and the FZR was great, if not a little narrow minded lol :D

It was an ultra clean bike (to you and me), but the chap who bought it from pulled it apart! I thought he was a bit extreme (and a tad unfair lol), anyway, when he got home he sent a picture of my old bike with its new buddies ;)

Bikes_zps1b483daf.jpg

The two bikes he parked this with, MV Agusta 750 SS & Honda RC30 will be £40/£50k worth of bike, he paid £1300 for my 400, and has since completely restored it so it looks completely new.

Always nice to know an ex bike has gone to a good home :)
Now mopping the drool from my chin:D

Attachments

• Bikes_zps1b483daf.jpg
    Bikes_zps1b483daf.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 88
Beautiful collection of bikes.

I started on a Vespa 125, then Yamaha Fazer 600, Honda VFR800, BMW R1200 GS and for a while a Yamaha MT-01 1700 which was the most ridiculous bike I ever rode. Like riding a plank of wood in town and almost impossible to hold onto once over 60mph on the A roads or motorways.

Best bike by far was the BMW. I gave them up when my first child was born, kept riding home from work and seeing crash sites with the bodies covered head to toe in the paramedics blankets and no-one rushing around. Took it as a sign and changed to a car.

Still have the vespa in the garage though.

Well, according to plod (following me on an unmarked BMW S1000RR!!) I performed a dubious overtake in a 20mph zone (so in effect I was idling lol) then he followed me out of town and I was going up to 70/75 on a 60 nsl road, no biggie really just in the wrong place at the wrong time (Sherburn in Elmet nr Squires Cafe Bar - well known hot spot). The good thing is on a bike with electronically limited speed of 186mph it could have been much, MUCH worse lol. The bad news is I've got a record against my name for 12 months so will have to try to be good, boo :( lol

That's one thing to be said for living in the boonies,the plod round here could never afford a BMW :lol: Like you say it could have been a LOT worse but still a bit unfair seeing as you hadn't even got it home yet :rolleyes: surprised he never mentioned your plate ;) think I'm going to get one that size as I'm fed up with having a barn door stuck on the back and you can usually get away with that size.

Yeh, the small plate, no tax disc on display, black visor etc etc. Could have been much worse if they'd wanted it to be lol. What fecks me off though is that the Police do these Bikesafe days where they tell riders it's ok to make progress (ie break the speed limit) when appropriate, well it was pretty empty open flowing roads where I was so you either exceed the limit and get done, or they allow a little bit of leeway here and there. It's too inconsistent for my liking. Get rid of the barn door hun lol

OMG :) This is my kind of thread!

I own two bikes :) A 1998 Honda CBR F3 (With F4i Facelift and backlift) and a 2005 Yamaha Vmax Anniversary edition with toys, trinkets.

I am unable to ride the bikes atm, they're out of comission because they were brought in from the states to Poland and I live in an area where the bikes would dissapear, but back when I used to ride all the time... in the short Chicago season (5-8mths) I would do 45k miles on the CBR and about 10k on the Max... now I do 3k on my 2013 Kross Level A6 :D (Google it)

@rob - Sounds like the UK has some strict laws, ffs... no tinted visor?

I am hoping to do my CBT this summer, and then get hold of a Honda CBF- 125, or a Yamaha YBR- 125.

@rob - Sounds like the UK has some strict laws, ffs... no tinted visor?

Nope, dark visors are a no no, may get away with tinted. Although i've worn black for a few years now on a sunny day and never been pulled for one. They're easy to buy though ;) If i go away for a weekend i'll always throw a clear and black visor in the bag. Problem is you get people turning up to cafes etc and staying til dark then riding home with black visors, which isn't the best idea lol :D

I've had something similar on my shoei, they're pretty great but the price ... I've also somehow lost one before... and it's not fun watching 80$ flying away... :( I don't get why they made tchem illegal... makes no sense.. :\

I like the look of the Shoei helmets with the built in visor (top gun style) but not got 500 sheets burning a hole at the minute lol x
those built in visors/glasses are fantastic, I had the pleasure of testing Schubert C3... no other helmet comes close to the comfort of it...

I've no idea why, I'm guessing it's just down to it been too orgasmic to wrap :D
Yea, I think they don't want to buy the wrong colour scheme for you :D

those built in visors/glasses are fantastic

My mate has the Shoei one, it is good. And probably miles less fussy than having to carry/change visors ;) I'll have one when I can afford one, but from memory the Shoei doesn't fit me that well but Arai like a glove.

Strange I made the comment about dark visors, got stuck out last night with one on. It was due to a truly horrible accident we witnessed at a local charity bike meet (National Hill Climb Champ rider coming off in the car park whilst about to showboat, bike and rider down the tarmac - with no helmet on :(). We were detained by the Police as witnesses til well after 11pm so had no choice. Luckily I only live 1/2 mile from where it all happened, but one poor lad had quite a long way to travel with his black visor on. We'd never intended to be out so late. It was horrific and a freak accident over in seconds.

eh, that sucks... I feel ya... dark visor at night is not good.

Arai>Shoei - One of my mates said there's no difference... but there is, maybe not visually by much but just like you said there's a difference in feel... Arai always seemed to feel better, AGV even better... :) but everyone has their own feeling

Always had Arai lids in the past, and had to buy a new one a few years ago due to smashing my old one on the road. Went to buy a new RX7 and it felt horrible, Shoei never ever fit right but tried an XR1000 and it fit like a glove.

So I guess there is some truth on the Arai / Shoei head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back