• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"NEW" PLANT Congo

Yes that's a Crypt I have left in its pot for 6 month now in the pond. It has soooo much new growth on the side of the pot that I even don't how I will proceed to plant it haha.
I'll take a pic as soon as I get back home. still at work now.
thanks

Hi all,
I think they are and you can.

cheers Darrel

Hi Darrel,
thanks, I think I will proceed to planting tomorrow or friday !
My CO2 FE will be full tomorrow.

Just to get back to the "title" of the thread, I have a plant that we have found with a friend in a wetland that is in my tank since 18 days now, I think that if it is still alive after all these days underwater, that could mean that it is an "aquatic plant". Plus this plant have grow two new leaves since it is under water( when I collected it it had only 2 leaves). It is slow growing, but when you look at the plant it is light green. I was thinking that the slower growing plant had a dark green color (respective to the chlorophyl concentration)....
Do you think that after 18 days underwater, no sign of stress and new growth, we can tell that it's ok for aquatic life ?
I hope because this is a very nice small plant, with incredible shape of leaves (like snake tong).
I will give it an other 10 days before confirming it, and presenting the plant to the ukaps members. I am sure a lot of you will like this plant

Cheers

So I took a pic this morning.
Here is the crypt, all the new growth on the pot are submerge.
ahujagus.jpg

Here is a small part of the HC, you can clearly see the difference of leaves of top of the plant and on the bottom of the plant. The top being submerge leaves and bottom emerge
nuqyju8y.jpg

Cheers

Hi all,
It has soooo much new growth on the side of the pot that I even don't how I will proceed to plant it haha.
I wouldn't plant the whole lot, I'd carefully cut off the offsets, and then I'd leave the mother Cryptocoryne plant semi-emersed in the bucket.
Because you've taken the new growth, It should then produce a lot more off-sets. I'd keep it with emersed leaves because it will have access to aerial CO2.

cheers Darrel

Hi Darrel,
Thanks for your answer !
Yes I think you are right I should do that.
I will cut the new growth and put back the mother plant in the pond semi emerge.

Thanks for the advice
What do you think about the HC should I plant it.
I have been patient to plant that tank, I have it almost since a month sitting in my living room and really want to start it !!

Best regards

Back