• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Chihiros RGB Vivid - looks VERY promising

Mate it's my review. If you want I can trqnslate it. About fans i totally forgot about it in my first impressions. They're not loud at all. At 50-60% only one running. Above that 2 are running. I would say you can compare to good computer fans. What else you guys want to know?? Btw color rendition fhenomenal. Hands down best light i got so far. Chihiros rgb to vivid ( i have both) it's like vw to mercedes.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka
35b278167ecb440185944ed51a49461d.jpg

Buce is planted on small rock ( glued to it). You can't see it becouse parvula overtook the rock:)

About fans i totally forgot about it in my first impressions. They're not loud at all. At 50-60% only one running. Above that 2 are running. I would say you can compare to good computer fans.

35b278167ecb440185944ed51a49461d.jpg

Could you pm me or post it here a video of the fans running at max in a completely quiet room. I would have the light in my bedroom so I don't want to be able to hear it. I'd greatly appreciate it if you would :) Thanks!! Just take a few steps away and record then slowly get closer, that might help get a good idea about the loudness. Also where did you get yours from and for how much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I wondered if anyone has any comparison between the RGB Vivid chihiros and the Twinstar 600S? I'm deciding between the two

I will try to do it tommorow. No offence but why would anyone run their lights while they're sleeping?? It's so much light you couldn't sleep. It will lit up your room like crazy. I have huge living room and it lip it up a lot. My wife complaining about it. IMHO Twinstar is no match for this. You could comapre it to Chihiros rgb, wrgb. Vivid to Ada Solar Rgb.

Why did you decide to upgrade from your rgb to the vivid?
I have the rgb and the A-Plus right now, and they are not that bad

I upgraded it becouse I always wanted that solar rgb look. In real life color rendition is outstanding. Don't get me wrong a series and rgb are real good, you can grow anything with it but that yelowish tint to it always buged me. Green Aqua on youtube have nice comparision Twinstar vs ada solar vs ada moonlight. Watch it and you will get what I mean. Hope this makes sense.

No offence but why would anyone run their lights while they're sleeping?

Just because I have it in my room doesn't mean I was sleeping with the light on I'm cautious about the sound because I'll be studying and watching movies and videos there in the Daytime. It would be both distracting and annoying for me to hear a fan.

I saw the green aqua comparison. Would you say the green aqua comparison between the Twinstar and solar rgb is basically the same between the Twinstar and chihiros vivid? :)

In terms of color I would say it's pretty much it. Ofcourse twinstar and ada are much more expensive conpared to chihiros. Quality and looks are spotless on those but i rather pay less and get same results.

Lol.
Waiting for the hanging kit to arrive at the min.
Have had a play with the light though. Easy to connect via Bluetooth with the app. It is very very bright. There are 6 presets on the app. Then you can make your own sunrise times, sunset time ramp up and down duration adjust the intensity throughout the photoperiod. A just the intensity of the red green and blue channels individually. Make the light do what you want really.
Quite impressed with it to be honest:).

Still faffing about with the hanging frame and wires:crazy::).
But just for comparison here's of couple of pics took on my phone.
First is with the Twinstar second with the Vivid.
20190123_164354-2634x2012.jpg
20190123_170521-3024x2268.jpg
20190123_170110-3024x2268.jpg

Unfortunately it’s really difficult to judge from iPhone pics as the camera will adjust the white balance and not give a true representation. What’s your initial thoughts?

At the min im thinking it's a PITA to get lights to hang properly:lol:.
There is a difference in the colour rendition and it's a lot brighter. There is a lot more control on the light. But initial thoughts if I'm honest the difference isn't massive.
20190123_182712-3024x2268.jpg

Well the greens look much less yellow and the red look more vivid so looks like an improvement to me so far. Probably better to take pics with the co2 off so the mist is less apparent. My tank looks so much better once the co2 goes off.

Lovely scape btw.

Thanks for your pics and impression. I agree that it looks slightly different. It will down to individual preference. I doubt you needed more brightness TBH. Tank looks healthy.

Back