• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nerite Snails in high tech

Yeah it does. It spends at least 50% of its life above the water line. Only comes back in when the Co2 is off. So, at least it "knows" that the Co2 isn't good for it.

I have nerites multiplying like rabbits in a 40 U.S. Gallon high tech tank with pH 6.4-7. CO2 injected, two Kessil A160we full intensity 10 hours/day, 50% intensity/70 % color another 4 hours/day, densely planted with crappy white sand substrate, EI dosing. I can't give enough nerites away but they keep that tank and three more FW I have spotless. I am moving 8 hours away in 2 weeks and will sadly be breaking down all of my tanks and keeping as many nerites as I can. Oh, other parameters: KH 9 and pH in between 6.4 to 7.2. Charts don't give the correct CO2 concentration though, otherwise fish would be belly up with the CO2 concentrations they give.... DC stays lime green... GH is supplemented with Ca++ and Mg++.

Nerites did OK for me as well with co2 injection. Until I had to treat hydra infestation with dog dewormer; gone as collateral damage.

I have nerites multiplying like rabbits in a 40 U.S. Gallon high tech tank with pH 6.4-7. CO2 injected, two Kessil A160we full intensity 10 hours/day, 50% intensity/70 % color another 4 hours/day, densely planted with crappy white sand substrate, EI dosing. I can't give enough nerites away but they keep that tank and three more FW I have spotless. I am moving 8 hours away in 2 weeks and will sadly be breaking down all of my tanks and keeping as many nerites as I can. Oh, other parameters: KH 9 and pH in between 6.4 to 7.2. Charts don't give the correct CO2 concentration though, otherwise fish would be belly up with the CO2 concentrations they give.... DC stays lime green... GH is supplemented with Ca++ and Mg++.

Brackish water?

Not at all. I wasn't trying to breed the things, it just sort of happened. Only thing that is out of whack param wise is TDS, which was ~500 when they were multiplying. Now down to 300ish. They are still small as of yet, so I do not know if they'll live or be stunted or not. I'll keep the post alive with updates, etc. just for the sake of it though. Anyone want some nerites? I have em by the handfuls in three different tanks now. They are not laying eggs anymore though, at least not where I can see them, but they tend to lay on leaves, and I have a semi jungle of amazon swords....

Back