• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's 120P

Well,after a few glasses of wine,this is now planted.Although,for a blackwater tank,this was always going to have a lot of plants.I think I've over done it.I can always take some out though.Will see how it goes.I've also put in some Echinodorus tenellus,which most sources say is only from N.America,some say also S.America. Will get some pics once I've had some sleep.

Lovely set up Nelson!

Cheers ;).
There will be quite a few Echinodorus in it.So hopefully they'll help.Also Cory's and I'll give it a stir.

I wouldn't worry about the sand. I never touched mine to stir it or anything and when I took the tank apart a few years later the sand had no unpleasant or anaerobic smell whatsoever and was quite clean considering the length of time it hadn't been siphoned out. My tank was barely planted too. If its planted, it gets dirtier over time due to natural die off of plant roots, etc.... But the "debris" developed in the sand grows plants even better.

Your (water lettuce?) grows far nicer than mine - Lovely big rosettes. I also like freshwater shrimp - They send you a few extra bits sometimes too! Very impressive! Especially after a few vinos :) If I enteretained that idea the plants would be everywhere they're not supposed to...floating, on the floor, in my hair... :D

Back