• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's 120P

Nelson

This will probably bore some/most of you :lol:.
Just seem to be going through a blackwater phase at the moment :rolleyes:.
This will be similar to "Her Tank",which I'll have to close down once this is up and running. http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/her-tank-sort-of-low-tech.42868/

Tank-120x45x45
Filter-JBL E700 and APS EF2000(Broke)Now JBL E1501
Light- Chihiros 602.Out of stand,joined together,and suspended
Co2-Co2Art reg,6.35kg cylinder
Soil-JBL Aquabasis+ and B&Q play sand
Hardscape-Blackthorn(Prunus Spinosa)Collected locally

Plants-?

DSC_0426_zpscq4gatdh.jpg

DSC_0429_zps94isl073.jpg

DSC_0430_zpsxdwbecmj.jpg

DSC_0431_zpskelmipj7.jpg

DSC_0433_zpsbizvrv5t.jpg

DSC_0435_zpsywxqboyl.jpg

To be continued.....

Last edited:
Take care with deep sand in a bigger tank - compacting pressure from the water column can be significantly more ... loaches, plant roots (& regular gentle stirring during water change) help mitigate this of course - some sands can end up with a much "denser" texture

Cheers ;).
There will be quite a few Echinodorus in it.So hopefully they'll help.Also Cory's and I'll give it a stir.

quite a few Echinodorus
I'd add in some crypts too - they are the root masters :wideyed:

Staurogyne repens also does a nice roots structure
Ranunculus inundates would be a nice addition & it's quite a decent grower once established

It's going to be a South American biotope-ish/blackwater-ish tank.
I've also never really liked Staurogyne repens.Don't know why :(.

Do you have more dw on stand by for finer detail down the track?
I do have some,and also twigs.Not sure where to put them yet.What are your thoughts ?.
There will also be leaf litter and some botonicals ;).
Will you make emmersed sections at back corners?
I'm hoping some of the Echinodorus will grow out of the water.

Looking good Neil, the echinodorus will grow out just fine. They can take a good few sets of leaves to get accustom to the environment given low humidity but after a few months you wont be able to stop them!
Tanin aquatics blackwater packs are nice, the jungle pods look ace if you want something different. Otherwise its also oak leaf and alder cone season if you want to DIY it...

What the stocking plan?

Thanks Iain :)
Tanin aquatics blackwater packs are nice, the jungle pods look ace if you want something different.
I've been looking there,but always end up with about £50 worth in my basket :(.Will get some eventually.
What the stocking plan?
Will be the wife's fish :rolleyes:.
Black Phantom Tetras
Green Neon Tetras
Corys

Not sure what else yet.

Back