• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Double Opti White - Cherry/Sakura/White Pearl Breeding Colony

Love the above water line shot Paulo just as much if not more
Than the shrimp shots.
Really nice
Thanks Alastair, I will keep that in mind next time I take some more shots ;)

That top down shot is great it's like looking down into a river or pond, I like the picture of the buried shrimp too it's awesome :)
Thanks, some of the plants in the filter melted so trying out new ones now.

Loving the tanks. What are the floating plants ?
Thanks, its Dwarf Water Lettuce / Pistia Stratiotes, very cool plant indeed, grows very well and fast, next time I have some spare rather than chucking it in the bin I will offer it in the forum.

Thanks, its Dwarf Water Lettuce / Pistia Stratiotes, very cool plant indeed, grows very well and fast, next time I have some spare rather than chucking it in the bin I will offer it in the forum.

Thanks for that, i love how the roots form a floating forest. Let me know when you have any spare, i would love to have some :)

Charlie

Nice one Paulo, looking good.
That above water shot is veeeeeerynice

Thanks for that, i love how the roots form a floating forest. Let me know when you have any spare, i would love to have some :)
Charlie
PM me your details and I will put some in the post for a UKAPS donation ;)
Nice one Paulo, looking good.
That above water shot is veeeeeerynice
Thanks mate, still a few things I want to do extra with the emerged plants, having a hard time finding any that will survive long enough with roots in the water!

Paulo, can you direct me to where i can find out how to pm you. I have looked but to no avail. How much donation where you looking for ?

Cheers charlie

Just click on my Avatar and then choose "Start a conversation" or go to the Inbox and create a new one! £3-4 donation will do! thanks

Paolo, is the Bolbitis you have a mini variety? I want to get some but I know that they get massive. How did you find it? And do you know where I might find a mini var?

All looking great, good luck with the breeding :thumbup:

I have a mini variety of Bolbitis in my tank. Its called "Bolbitis difformis" iirc

Paolo, is the Bolbitis you have a mini variety? I want to get some but I know that they get massive. How did you find it? And do you know where I might find a mini var?
All looking great, good luck with the breeding :thumbup:
Just the standard Bolbitus heudelotii, on a low tech grows very slow and also very small.

Those ferns are amazing!:)
Many thanks :)

Hi Paulo, how are these progressing slowly I'm sure?

Is there any chance I could pick up your study (with the tanks) and put it in my house? For a small donation of course ;) This definitely shows what can be done with the good old fashioned methods, no ferts and CO2. Brillaint.

Hi mate, sure come on by and pick it all up hah but you are welcome to come and view them.
These are very low maintenance, I planted the Flora 30 a year ago and I am yet to trim it, these two have changed a little since the start due to lack of maintenance to be honest but they just survive. I am considering turning these into high tech tanks, but I am pretty lazy at the moment so we will see lol

Hi Paulo, where abouts in London are you based? I would love to see these in the flesh :)

Back