• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
As for the quality vs ADA I think ADA are a bit more refined in some areas but not anywhere near enough to notice unless you're up close. I actually think the NA glass is clearer.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

3 NA set ups or 1 ADA...? hmmm let me think :crazy:
The improvements they have made seem to be very user focused which is great.

Loving the cut outs, I'd be spoilt for choice as to what to plumb with, watching this one closely & looking forward to your progress on this NA beauty... I think once I've moved in a few months depending on monies, am going to keep NA on my radar for a grand 6 footer... subscribed!
Did consider a 5ft but was advised that its another level as far as maintenance and cost, fully scaped plants alone for a 6ft would set you back about £400+ eek!

A great start and some great photos too! very good review as well - it looks a lovely bit of kit and I will be watching this progress :thumbup:
Thanks gary, just pretend the massive barrel distortion isnt there ;)

wow! that looks like a very nice setup Iain and im sure youll grace it with a great scape soon! Love the metal pipes and the cutouts and youve got that perfect scaping ratio in a 4 foot. Its the one I want but cant fit in the house! :(
Phah!! who needs a bed. Thanks for the confidence in me Stu, you can likely expect a PM or two along the way.
I would seriously recommend the steel pipes on looks alone. Ed seems to make them work for him so the only reason for me to have issues is well.. me.

Really cool setup, looks very well made....even underneath the tank looks smart! Can't wait to see this progress
Cheers dave, ill do my best to get it going asap.

its one of those things, once you enjoy the hobby as much as we all do, you take the plunge - headlong. Already tackled the hardest thing - the Mrs is sold on the idea that it will make a real focal point as a room divider - i'll just add it onto the refurb cost of the property. lol!

Like I said can't wait to see how yours comes along, good luck.

Got a style in mind but waiting on a delivery from Tom Barr for a load of wood which will dictate how it all comes together. All i can be sure of at the moment is that it it will be 85% Asian flora and fauna.... just love barbs too much, so currently searching for some less common varieties i like.Its a big space to fill so think perspective will be quite important and as i dont have the natural eye for building a scape off the cuff im in no rush. No doubt ill be asking for hardscape opinions along the way.
Hi Iain,
I do like your new tank and cabinet. Very clean design and you have organised the inside of your cabinet real nice too. To be honest though, I am more excited to find out more about what is going to go inside your tank. Wood from Tom Barr ... Asian flora and fauna ... less common varieties... I can't wait!
Good luck, I will be watching this.
Andre

Wow looks fantastic mate and I'm sure you'll do it proud with your scaping skills mate. I wonder how many times a day you wracking your brain on what layout your going to do ha ha

One thing I noticed though is that having both the hydor inline and am1000 on each of the inlets is going to reduce flow intake surely, esdpecially the reactor. Would this not put strain on the motor?

Really looking forward to watching this one mate

Great first post. Things like no brace in cabinet my be details but can see why a massive help!

Will follow with interest. The AM1000 was very noisy empty for me - only worked quietly after I filled with small stones. My 259 journal has all the different combinations I tried.

Also, it unscrews at the very top bit that's sort of like a hexagon, not where the clear plastic meets the black. You need a wide adjustable spanner around the hexagon, if that makes sense.

What are the dimensions?

Its amazing how much time i can lose looking at pieces of glass al.
Ive got a new inline on standby if the reactor doesnt work out :)

cheers mike ill double check but pretty sure it was glued there to.
Tank is 120x45x55, im not used to having a tank that is taller than it is wide.

Hi Iain,
I do like your new tank and cabinet. Very clean design and you have organised the inside of your cabinet real nice too. To be honest though, I am more excited to find out more about what is going to go inside your tank. Wood from Tom Barr ... Asian flora and fauna ... less common varieties... I can't wait!
Good luck, I will be watching this.
Andre

Its a nice bit of kit andre, i wouldnt get too excited about whats going in, its nothing as exotic as you like :)

hey al, getting there mate, life keeps getting in the way.... should be planted next weekend all going to plan.
Trouble with waiting soo long ive started second guessing everything :confused:
Hey ho, plants are ordered so just going to run with it now.
Cheers for the interest.

Quick question Ian, am considering the thermo version of your filter- 2180. I noticed 3 nozzles on the filter head... This is new territory for me as used mainly the 2 nozzle head filters, not sure whether I would want to use 2 outlet strainers on the setup. Do you think running both outlets through one strainer using a Y connector would be advisable? What are your thoughts?

hey there, i wouldnt advise this as i think it would slow the flow down dramatically, it is a bit of an annoyance having two inlets (especially if you want a second filter) but then its an easy price to pay for good flow and filtration.

hey there, i wouldnt advise this as i think it would slow the flow down dramatically, it is a bit of an annoyance having two inlets (especially if you want a second filter) but then its an easy price to pay for good flow and filtration.

thanks for getting back to me on this. hhmmm, will have a think whether I go for the eheim or the fx6.

Progress :) Sorry no pictures though.

Did a wet test today and for the first time every there was not a single dribble from any connections, so nice to use eheim tubing again.
CO2 is all hooked up to the AM100 reactor and seems to be working well with a drop off of around 20% in filter flow.
Flow looks good in an empty tank, circulation is pretty consistent however this will entirely change once scaped on sunday, I have some powerheads on standby if needed.
Got all the back lighting done which consists of 2 x 54w T5's running guissemann midday bulbs which ive had knocking around for a while after wrong ordering and iquatics reflectors. Also got some stage lighting gels in red, orange and blue as plan to run the back lighting for several hours a day and these will hopefully add something to the overall image.
First few plants arrived including some awesome rooted blyxa japonica from Martin (Original) thanks a lot, highly recommended.
Got a busy day tomorrow working and then shooting down to Ed to grab the rest of the plants, some more rock and 65 amano shrimp to go into the holding tank for a few days.
Sunday is the planned day for scaping however im a little concerned that some of the Manzi hasnt sunk yet!! Felt sure 2 weeks would be loads but seems the thicker manzi takes a lot longer than the pieces ive used before.

Anyhoo with a little luck the next post from me on here will be with pictures all up and running....fingers crossed, woop!

Sounds great Iain, can't wait mate.

the stainless gear is brilliant, im done with glass... and blood.

ive been playing for a few weeks but still wasnt happy so put the wood in to soak. If i cant acheive something i like on the fly its no biggy as most plants are invitro so will throw them in the fridge until im happy.
Im finding it quite hard to imagine this scape grown in so will likely be an ugly duckling for several weeks :wacky:

Back