• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My happy plants.

- The green thread algae can be "rolled on a stick", using a plant-supporting-stick with raw surface (not the bamboo ones). This will not remove all, but keep amount down, untill tank is better settled.
- BBA can be removed "by hand" (not totally effective) or spot-dosed with Glutaraldehyde (very effective).

Is your light on for too many hours, by any chance.......???

Yes thanks, i am doing the roll on a stick thing. Works nicely but it still keeps comming back.l

The bba's i can scrape with my nails. Thats OK. Do you mean you spray glutaraldehyde under water or when you do water changes and it exposes to air?

Light is on from 12 to 21. But the light is very intendent.

I think i just done som overdosing pmdd and the tank will come lush later on.

H.

Your light looks very intense for this size of tank. Perhaps that's the root cause? Can you dim it?

Yes. it is very intense and bright light. I ran it on an 54 liter tank with ok results.

I think it is an 20watt LED lamp from here
http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...power-30w-led-for-planted-tank-aquarium-6500k

What i really think the problem was from start, is that i am not confident in how small ammounts of ferts there should be. I just kept powdering every now and then, especially with the micros.

Doing some major waterchangings now and no ferts at all, and cutting back the algeas aswell.
Looking better today. Any suggestions on how to dose to an 25 liter tank?

H.

Yes thanks.

I will do an standard dose of pmdd and fil up with water 3x more, so I can fill up with 10ml once every week.

cheers

Back