• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Miracle Gro Controlled Release Plant Food Tablets

Jon1706

Hi everyone, I have seen these been used with Akadama but as anyone used these with cat litter. The reason is i would like to put a layer of ferts under the cat litter and on top of the peat moss an carbon. I was going to use TPN+ root tabs but this will cost to much and then I saw these been used with the Akadama. After looking on the internet I found a little bit out about them, each tab is 5gm and the NPK is 10-11-18. The thing is I was just wondering if they be safe to use as I know the cat litter has a high CEC (cation exchange capacity) so it can absorb nutrients and release them over time,any info would be great 😀
Jon
Ps I am hoping to keep this a low tech tank with no co2 and just 6ml of TNP+ a weekly

the cat litter will also work in a similar way to akadama as they both have high CEC (great for Bonsai too), just the cat litter is tougher and doesnt crumble as easily. i actually thought the miracle grow tabs were the same as osmocote from the ones ive seen in garden centres.

Thank you dw and stuworrall. The reason I asked is my local garden centre as a offer on at the moment and they are £3 a pack thats why i was wondering if they would be ok a lot cheaper then the TNP+ tabs lol

Back