• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' carpet

Start at 7am and take samples at 1/2 hour or 1 hour intervals until 7pm.

If/when you make a change to injection rate, diffuser type or flow/distribution configuration, check it again and this will tell you if the changes you make are for the better or for the worse.

Cheers,

Yeah did you get the flow/ distribution sorted? Would be good to see some update pics :)

Hi Luis, so, how did it turn out for you eventually? Did u get the mc to carpet? What actions have you taken?
Yes it carpet eventually.
I think my problem was the low GH.
My tap water comes with LEDs that 3 dkh with very few magnesium

Sent from my Nokia 3310!

Yes it carpet eventually.
I think my problem was the low GH.
My tap water comes with LEDs that 3 dkh with very few magnesium

Sent from my Nokia 3310!
Nice! But did you do any alterations on your setup to improve flow/circulation as well?! Or you consider it being just a matter of micro element (Mg) definitely interesting feedback!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah did you get the flow/ distribution sorted? Would be good to see some update pics :)

i just put the nozzle from back to front glass to make the circulation different and here is the results:

IMG_20150430_134850_zpshldnnljh.jpg

CAM00644_zpspcc7mwod.jpg

CAM00528_zpsbblxjnmd.jpg

i dont change anything but to start dosing a diy gh booster and start to see better grow in 2 weeks.
Here is my dosing:

NO3-30.2%20%20PO4-8%20%20K-28%20%2020ML%20X%203%20%2060ML%20SEMANA_zpspj1n7dvs.jpg

gh%20booster%20-%2060ml%201x%20semana%20-%20calcio-15%20-%20magnesio-5_zpsbqc7teaj.jpg

Micros about 1ppm Fe weekly

* Picks jaw up off the floor
That's a fantastic tank!

You are doing some serious overdosing for macros! Can you please share the link to the fert calculator?

Thanks and well done!

That's an impressive comeback. Are you still using Akadama as a substrate? The Monte carlo in my tank took months to establish, before that it looked exactly like yours. But after it was established, it even grew very well in the shade of crypts.

Out of topic but the aquatools calculator recommends 10-20ppm Ca and 2-5ppm Mg. I thought EI recommends 10ppm Mg. It doesn't recommend Ca, but I follow the 5:1 Mg:Ca rule so I dose 2ppm Ca per week. So is the calculator correct for MG and Ca?

Thats just fantastic! Well done m8 ;) something for us all to aspire too :)

Thanks, i´m doing my best...

That's an impressive comeback. Are you still using Akadama as a substrate? The Monte carlo in my tank took months to establish, before that it looked exactly like yours. But after it was established, it even grew very well in the shade of crypts.

Yes im using Akadama. This setup have now about 17 months. The monte carlo once established grows well even in shade, of course more slow than in light but still grows...

Out of topic but the aquatools calculator recommends 10-20ppm Ca and 2-5ppm Mg. I thought EI recommends 10ppm Mg. It doesn't recommend Ca, but I follow the 5:1 Mg:Ca rule so I dose 2ppm Ca per week. So is the calculator correct for MG and Ca?

Aquatools calculator is a kind of low target E.I... It recommend less that the tipical dosage.

Hi can't help but notice your light fixture is very close to tank. What light is it and how far from substrate?

Hi can't help but notice your light fixture is very close to tank. What light is it and how far from substrate?

Hello

I have 4 T5 39W each with individual reflectors.
The light is about 35cm from the top of the monte Carlo, that have about 6 or 7 cm tall.

Cumprimentos,
Luís Batista

Sent from my Nokia 3310!

What is their configuration?

a.
------ ------ ------ ------

b.
------ ------
------ ------

c.
------
------
------
------

Thanks!

What is their configuration?

a.
------ ------ ------ ------

b.
------ ------
------ ------

c.
------
------
------
------

Thanks!

the tank is 100cm and the bulbs are 39w, that have 84,9CM, so is option C.
Its 2 osram lumillux 865, 1 silvannia aquastar and a silvania grolux

here is a pic:

IMG_20150827_103911_zpsiuykndkg.jpg

IMG_20150827_104107_zpsi2mooxhw.jpg

Back