• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Me

Jwonni

Residing in the Lake District (Cumbria)
Although there was the occasional tank at home in my childhood I personally only started in the hobby about 6 months ago.
Always loved bettas so decided I wanted one, made the mistake of watching MD Fish tanks on YouTube so now instead of the one tank I planned on having I'm at 6 if you include the spare snail tank.
My dad was in and out of the hobby over the years so this has given us a common interest and resparked his enjoyment of fish keeping as well. We now watch YouTube together, discuss each others tanks and have plans to go halves on a larger tank to share.
I always thought that live plants would be a nuisance so fully intended to go fake until of course I started watching the aforementioned YouTube videos and discovered not only does it seem relatively easy it's much more beautiful.

Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS,
I always thought that live plants would be a nuisance so fully intended to go fake until of course I started watching the aforementioned YouTube videos and discovered not only does it seem relatively easy it's much more beautiful.
Plants are honestly much <"more than a decoration"> (although they are decorative), they are <"really important for improving and maintaining water quality">.

Have a look at <"Seasoned Tank time">

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Back