• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Maqua 200 L

maqua

Seedling
Hi guys,
This is my first post on UKAPS
Here is my current hardscape started a month ago. the tank is 95 cm x 50 cm x 45 cm.

it looked like that at setup :
130908064949964383.jpg

After massive injection of CO2 and fertilizers ;) it's now like that

131023092349567197.jpg

I'm still working on details and on shaping the background plants, and i would be happy to get external opinions and feedback.
cheers
M

Hello,
thank you for the replies and good comments,
@malawistu, i may try to get sand on all the foreground before ending this version, but since it's a definitive change i will hold on it for now. my plan is to get the H. tripartita invade the sandy part to attenuate the half and half impression.
For now here is a partial view of the tank i like.

131017095708288519.jpg

Bye.
M

Hi,
I would of run the sand all the way across front as it looks a bit half and half
I thought about that seriously today, and after trying to see what it would look like using photoshop editing, i decided to give it a try...
The water is not very clear yet, stones are still too bright and plants need to fill the gaps, but i think i like it, i think it improve the perspective effect . after a bit of additional work it should do it...
131030105616916834.jpg

I also did a trimming session on the background bushes.:D
Cheers
M

Hello guys,
here is a new evolution , trying to fill the upper space of the tank
13110411143943428.jpg

mosses should soon grow on the new driftwood.
Opinions/suggestions are welcomed.
cheers
M

Thank you guys,
by seeing the picture side by side, i realized the driftwood has moved a little bit, i will fix that...
M

Ok, the tank survived my vacations without too much trouble...
the driftwood took back its original place. I'm trying too include some few red plants to the bushes in the back to give some color contrasts.
140111054230761104.jpg

Cheers
M

Back