• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mainly Moss - which fert

If you're using EasyCarbo then it's the same as using CO2, except it's like using less of it.

Any one of James recipes will work. As you can see below on his delivered concentration chart, the percentages of the elements are almost identical. As always, there is a cost/benefit equation when deciding which of the recipes to use. The ones using ammonium salts deliver Nitrogen faster and with more efficiency, but comes with the possibility of toxicity. The one using NO3 salts have no toxicity issues but are less efficient (in terms of how the plant strips the Nitrogen) and increase the tanks TDS more so than the others, due to the higher amounts of powders used. In any case, it's the amount of liquid carbon dosed that will have the most significant impact by far, not necessarily which recipe you use.

Cheers,

Thanks Clive. I certainly don't want to increase TDS any further so thanks for mentioning that! :thumbup:
Surrey tap is currently around 350 last time I measured it which is higher than I'd like.

I'll give the DIY TPN No 1 a try.

Back