• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lush max

This could be a long reply but as i am at work here's some food for thought:

Lighting stregth, lighting periods, water quality, substrate, ferts, water flow rates, filter media, type of plants and these are just what my limited knowledge can think of there is probably far more things.

I was told a while ago just pick one thing and adjust it. Wait for any reaction good or bad then pick something else to work on.

I don't think I'm seeing much improve tbh
What I am thinking of doing is just starting off with just white leds on and see how that goes as I don't really know what combination of red blue green like I should keep.
Would that have any affect of the plants not growing right?

Also could it also be that the lush max fert is a couple of weeks old?
This one is nearly finished so going to make a new one

I don't think I'm seeing much improve tbh
What I am thinking of doing is just starting off with just white leds on and see how that goes as I don't really know what combination of red blue green like I should keep.
Would that have any affect of the plants not growing right?

Its only been 5 days :) I am not too sure about what ratios of red/blue/green should be in lights I think that is one that needs to be aimed at a lighting topic. Have you got any pictures of the plants you are having problems with?

Also could it also be that the lush max fert is a couple of weeks old?
This one is nearly finished so going to make a new one

I don't know how long it keeps for once made, I can't see that it would go off but it may separate the heavier and lighter elements meaning deficiencies in some nutrients until you get to the bottom of the bottle.

I made my first lot up but didn't like how it settled in the bottle. I dose the powder straight into the tank now using a level medicine spoon to measure 5ml of powder for each dose.

This isn't how it directs the use of the powder but works for me.

Yeah sure here are a couple of picture of what my plants look like. They basically look like crap and aren't really growing tall :/

Well I'm at the end of the bottle basically going to finish this off and then create a new one

Would you say I should add the power directly or make it into a solution?

IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2299.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2300.JPG
    IMG_2300.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
The BBA only recently happened on the amazon swords i think.

Feel like just tearing my plants out and binning them its frustrating

Yeah sure here are a couple of picture of what my plants look like. They basically look like crap and aren't really growing tall :/

Well I'm at the end of the bottle basically going to finish this off and then create a new one

Would you say I should add the power directly or make it into a solution?

View attachment 110166 View attachment 110167 View attachment 110168 View attachment 110169

That is how my plants looked before i used the Lush max.

Have you got a good strong flow from the filter? As plants like good flow.

Hopefully someone can advise what is wrong by looking at the pictures.

Well yeah they are moving in the flow esp near the substrate as I have had a spray bar in the output of the filter
But as the tank is long the flow becomes low across the tank

Could some one help me out as to what's going on please!

Could someone please help me out?
thanks

I'm no expert but I will try to help. (also my apologies if I skipped some of your previous posts)

Could be many things, not enough light, not enough or bad flow in the tank, lack or fluctuating CO2 levels are the first to look at. Ferts without enough light and CO2 will cause algae as your plants won't be using it.

"https://www.thespruce.com/brown-aquarium-algae-1378629
Brown algae is a common occurrence in a newly set up aquarium. It is generally caused by too little light, an excess of silicates, an abundance of nutrients, and too little oxygen. Silicates can build up through tap water that is high in silicic acid, and silicates that leech from some types of substrates"

How long do you have this tank setup? Whats the distance from light to substrate? Is that an air stone by your intake? (If so I wouldn't recommend an air stone in a planted tank) you need surface agitation to get oxygen in the water and an air stone removes all CO2 fast.

If you want a low tech aquarium I would remove that air stone, get a proper flow rate with some surface agitation and use liquid CO2. You need to balance it all out, too much or too little of something will cause issues. Also split your light cycle in two so that the CO2 levels can build up.

Last edited:
I'm using this as well but was wondering can it harm fish with to much and how much would be to much. I have a 120l community tank low tech

Back