• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lush max

Lgtuk

I have read some posts where people say all ready mixed ferts are the same but from what I have just seen over the past 3 weeks that is defiantly not true.

I have always had a little hair algae growing in the background which I could not get rid of and I was using Columbia flora grow. I went away for the week and came back to utter moss devastation
20170820_181104.jpg

I have now switched to Lush max as I saw someone was very happy with the results. I went away for another week and came back today to this
15040354539731568064297.jpg

Not a spot of hair algae and plants looking the healthiest I've seen them for ages. And I didn't have to get the peroxide out in the end.

I am a happy man :) anyone else had experiences like this?

Yup. That's why I've been using it for 3 years. £6 delivered for what works out at around a years ferts on my 150ltr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, could you tell me were you buy this as he no longer has it on ebay, cheers Mark.

Hi I thought the same yesterday but messaged them and they are on holiday till the 1st Sept. They said they would list it all on their return. :)

hi how much are you dosing daily and how big is your tank?
do you add anything else to your tank or co2?
also which lights are you running?
thanks

The instructions state something like 5ml for 150ltr. I dose 10ml per day because under intense light I could see my S REPENS paling and losing lower leaves.

A high energy aquarium will always need more nutrients. You need to assess Plant responses so start by following their instructions and go from there

hi how much are you dosing daily and how big is your tank?
do you add anything else to your tank or co2?
also which lights are you running?
thanks

I will need to check on the packet when I get home for the exact dose. There is a dose option once per week for low tech tank and a dose once a day for high tech tank.

My tank is 260ltr I am running diy co2 and have been able to up my lighting on my Fluval F&P 2 to 100% for 10 hours per day with no algae growth. I dose once per day.

ok thats fine no worries! i think i am in between low and high tech tank.

I have a 200L tank and not adding any co2 and have 2 x 25 watts fluval aquaskys on my tank which i run about 9-10 hours a day which just replaced 2 t8s
just not sure how much to add an having problem with growing plants :/
they arent growing taller expect the ludwigia but producing new leaves and everything just not growing tall.
Also the ludwigia lower leaves are brownish not sure why :/

how much do you add per day?

I am doing roughly 5ml per day as I consider my co2 dosing to be on the low end of the scale being one bottle diy co2 in a 260ltr tank.

How much have you been dosing? I was experiencing stunted growth and plants growing close to the ground with my last ferts, I could be wrong but I put it down to under fertilizing.

I am also growing in crushed coral which isn't normally recommended one of the reason being it doesn't hold onto any nutrients so maybe why I struggled with the last ferts.

I am not an expert though I am learning as I go and someone more experienced might correct me

If it was me, if your not already I would try dosing at high tech level for a week or two and see how your plants react.

Well I haven't really been dosing continuously as I felt like it wasn't really working so would dose the ferts when I think I need to.

But like you said I think i'll give it a go and start dosing high tech for about 2 weeks and see what happens. I was thinking about dosing about 10 ml per day would that be enough?

Also should I dim the brightness of my lights so it would encourage the plants to go taller towards the light? Or should I keep them at a 100%?

Well I haven't really been dosing continuously as I felt like it wasn't really working so would dose the ferts when I think I need to.

But like you said I think i'll give it a go and start dosing high tech for about 2 weeks and see what happens. I was thinking about dosing about 10 ml per day would that be enough?

Also should I dim the brightness of my lights so it would encourage the plants to go taller towards the light? Or should I keep them at a 100%?

You have a 200ltr tank so I would do the recommended 5ml per day.

Only change one thing at a time otherwise if you get an improvement or it gets worse you don't know which change did it.

I would suggest leave your lights on their current setting and up the dose to the above and see how that goes.

Also, be consistent with your dose regime. There's no need not to. Just banging in some in every now and then isn't a great way to fertilize.

Ok that's fine I'm going to rest set the tank with a water change and put the lights to how they were and start doing 5ml per day.

I wanted to ask I go to work every other day so was wondering to keep the dosing consistent can I add the ferts anytime before the lights turn on?

That's what I do. Get up, have coffee, dose fert, go to work.

I have been adding mine everyday before I go to work at 0700 when I feed my fish. My lights don't come on until 1200 hasn't made a difference to my tank.

Oh ok I thought the time you dose makes a difference
Ok so done about 50% water change today cleaned the filter and added 10 ml of lush max

And will be adding everyday for 2 weeks and have I left the lights on 100% brightness

Is there anything else?

No just the waiting game now. Hopefully you will see improvements in a weeks time.

If nothing improves it must be something else.

Back