• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Luminaire advice

Aasmit123

Seedling
I,m setting up a new tank but don't know what lighting to use.
The tank is 140 x 45 x 60 optiwhite with an open top, I like the idea of a luminaire suspended above it and was looking at the Arcadia 4series but don't know if this would be too much light. All these lights are serious money so I want to get it right first time. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

is that the one with the 2 MH bulbs and two t5s? if your planning a very high tech setup id say go for it as you can always remove bulbs and raise the unit until your tank is established. that way when and if you do want more light its available for you. Although i cant justify ever having a need for that much light but that is with my setup in mind...

Aasmit123 said:
... was looking at the Arcadia 4series but don't know if this would be too much light. All these lights are serious money so I want to get it right first time. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Well it's certainly too much money. If you're going to spend that much then why don't you get LED suspended lights which have a dimming controller. That way it doesn't matter how much light there is because you can control it.

Cheers,

Back