• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Living waters croydon?

Just wanted to add to this thread that I travelled all the way down from Edinburgh just to visit this shop when it was open and it was absolutely worth it.
These guys were legends and I hope they are enjoying their retirement.
Every time I see this thread resurface I lament 🥲 Although I frequented it, I didn't appreciate it as much back then but I reallyyyy wish it was around now.

I made a few visits to Living Waters when I visited the UK but was living in Portugal at the time. I used to come over twice a year by road and twice a year by air. The air trips always finished with a stop at the ADC on the way to Heathrow, and used to be able to get away with plants in the hand luggage (always packed without water). With Living Waters I took all sorts of plants and scape back with my in the van, along with baked beans, Vimto, Batchelors Pasta'n'sauce, and decent cooking sauces.

Darren was such a gent! Even though he only saw me twice a year, he remembered and would take time to chat. I remember getting given a cup of coffee and some biccies as I was driving on from there to Portsmouth to get the ferry to Bilbao. I'm only 22 miles away now, wish it was still there.

If you want to see whats keeping him busy since moving on. We are in regular contact.

Im sure he wont mind me sharing.

Back