• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Limnophilia mini deficiency

Brian Murphy

Just planted this 3 days ago and although I have seen this before and put it down to too strong of light. I have co2 going in so that I dont kill the fish via up inline atomiser via full length spraybar using 1501e jbl greenline filter. I have a 2 x 39w t5 luminare with 1 t5 taken out, so basically 39w plus whatever the built in reflectors take it up to. I have upped the quantities of what I put into my EI bottles. Everything else seems to be growing ok but just want to pinpoint what is going wrong here in my first picture.

20140711_212717_zpswznozlvd.jpg
20140709_234835_zps5g0kgavl.jpg
20140709_194013_zpszd0ncj5o.jpg

99.5% probability it was due to poor CO2.

Next time, try leaving the lights off for a few days or better, try floating the plants for a week or two so that they have access to CO2. The fact that they get wet will trigger their transformation and the fact that they are in still in contact with air will allow them to breathe.

Cheers,

99.5% probability it was due to poor CO2.

Next time, try leaving the lights off for a few days or better, try floating the plants for a week or two so that they have access to CO2. The fact that they get wet will trigger their transformation and the fact that they are in still in contact with air will allow them to breathe.

Cheers,

Thanks Clive, the first thing I try and do is get good Co2. It is my foremost aim and just don't seem to be able to achieve it. How do you push the amount of Co2 I need before I kill the fish? If the lighting was stronger would the higher rate of Co2 be taken up before it affected the fish? The Co2 bubbles are getting around the whole of the tank, although I know that is not a perfect indicator of the amount of Co2 saturated in the water. I have placed in drop checker in the spot that I think would be the weakest link and it is turning lime green and is that colour at lights on.

PH Test done today is as follows ...

Water Change done at 12pm

12pm PH - 7.5
2pm Co2 on - 7.5
3pm PH - 6.5
5pm Lights on - 6.3
9pm PH - 6.1

How do you push the amount of Co2 I need before I kill the fish? If the lighting was stronger would the higher rate of Co2 be taken up before it affected the fish?
That will never happen. You should know by now that adding more light never solves a CO2 problem.

I don't see why you'd need to do anything other than what I mentioned to acclimate the new plants. Some plants are just not good at transitioning into a highly lit tank, so just help them out without endangering the fish.

Cheers,

That will never happen. You should know by now that adding more light never solves a CO2 problem.

I don't see why you'd need to do anything other than what I mentioned to acclimate the new plants. Some plants are just not good at transitioning into a highly lit tank, so just help them out without endangering the fish.

Cheers,

I will do that next time I get some new plants that I think will go the same way. Cheers Clive

Back