• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipes - how do they work?

easerthegeezer said:
foxfish said:
16mm pipe is really easy to bend, its the 20mm that is difficult, making the lily is a bit unpredictable but I have used a cut down acrylic champagne flute glued to the 20mm pipe, probably took me 8 hours over a few days & numerouse attempts :crazy:

:lol: we sit in his shed tinkering with fish things anyway so might as well try this.. we are both pretty handy. He's an electrician so resisting the urge to try Cree LED light unit next ;)

I wouldn't mind chatting to the both of you as well. Im in the process of becoming qualified (just got my part p to go) as well as also training as a gas engineer. So I can solder as well as do wiring LOL. I watched an interesting bunch of videos on youtube. You or somethingfishy might find this interesting...

LINK TO LED TUTORIAL

And the rest of the series of 6 tutorials you can get from that one :)

Thanks for the link Chris, ill have a look through when i have some time. I have done a fair bit of research into LED's via reef forums as DIY LED's are more popular there. Its just an idea at the moment... not sure if i should nurture it or euthanase it for the sake of my wallet.

Im no sparky mate, im a hotel manager that gets bored and tinkers.. but somethingfishy would be more than happy to chat im sure.

easerthegeezer said:
Thanks for the link Chris, ill have a look through when i have some time. I have done a fair bit of research into LED's via reef forums as DIY LED's are more popular there. Its just an idea at the moment... not sure if i should nurture it or euthanase it for the sake of my wallet.

Im no sparky mate, im a hotel manager that gets bored and tinkers.. but somethingfishy would be more than happy to chat im sure.

You are welcome :) I think you might be right about the wallet thing ! I was kind of staggered at the price of some of the DIY kit. I thought it would be WAY cheaper doing it yourself, but it looks like it could work out more than buying. Still an interesting project :)

Just been speaking to dads mate found out hes a glass blower so ive give him a few picture of lilly pipes and drop checkers fingers crossed hes going to start blowing lilly pipes to order and even blow custom designed pipes if you have a design he will have ago at blowing it so watch this space soon for custom lilly pipes and glassware to order.

Going to see how mine come out first ill post some picture as soon as i get them.

Back