• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipes - how do they work?

I was thinking about acrylic lily pipes like Gorge said above glass is easy to break really putting me of buying another set
lost count the amount of glass stuff Ive broken already and really looking to get acrylic set. So this got me thinking about the acrylic lily pipes anyone know were to by them in the UK or Other

Id rather buy a set then make a mess trying to make my own

sussex_cichlids said:
I was thinking about acrylic lily pipes like Gorge said above glass is easy to break really putting me of buying another set
lost count the amount of glass stuff Ive broken already and really looking to get acrylic set. So this got me thinking about the acrylic lily pipes anyone know were to by them in the UK or Other

Id rather buy a set then make a mess trying to make my own
'
Pete i am not sure you can buy them mate. But then a google search has just proved me wrong. Having said that these ones look a bit manky.
http://theshrimplab.com/store/?p=724

20mm pipe is a lot more tricky to bend than 16mm but looks a lot better on a big tank in my opinion, so I have been experimenting with acrylic champagne flutes, 20mm acrylic pipe, an oven, pipe benders, home made jigs, superglue, hot air blowers, hole saws, a lathe, a bath & a three speed pump...not much luck to be honest :lol:

Hi Chris

yea found these this morning and email the shop in the USA for a list of sizes and to and see if he ships to UK probably wont get answer till mon afternoon

Hope i can get a list from him and i will post it on the forum for other members to get there from him if he ships to the UK
would mean few weeks for shipping but seam to be the only place in the world selling them

Ive tried loads google searchs ebay just no results for acrily lilly pipes for sale apart from the one you found

Thanks For looking tho i will let you know when i get a reply from USA

sussex_cichlids said:
Hi firefox
yea found these this morning and email the shop in the USA for a list of sizes and to and see if he ships to UK probably wont get answer till mon afternoon

Hope i can get a list from him and i will post it on the forum for other members to get there from him if he ships to the UK
would mean few weeks for shipping but seam to be the only place in the world selling them

Ive tried loads google searchs ebay just no results for acrily lilly pipes for sale apart from the one you found

Thanks For looking tho i will let you know when i get a reply from USA

Who the hell is firefox, and were you referring to the link that I posted ? LOL.

sussex_cichlids said:
yea been a long day im falling asleep infront of my computer just about keep one eye open typing getting bit sloppy sorry about that

Have you had any news from Shane yet

Hi mate, no I have not had the chance to email him yet as I have been flat tack. Hoping to get in contact tomorrow :)

mikeappleby said:
they really are very easy to make. if i can do it...

Do you make them Mike?

You got any pictures of some you made?

How much would you charge for a set?

If there nice and you don't mind forging me a set id be happy to pay you to make me a set!!

Let me know Thanks Pete

sussex_cichlids said:
mikeappleby said:
they really are very easy to make. if i can do it...

Do you make them Mike?

You got any pictures of some you made?

How much would you charge for a set?

If there nice and you don't mind forging me a set id be happy to pay you to make me a set!!

Let me know Thanks Pete

+1 ;)

mikeappleby said:
Pictures and how to guide in 259 journal. I'll stick to the day job though, so no making them for other people, sorry!

You could be the Bill Gates of the Aquatic world though Mike, lol. Will have to revisit that how to thread.

16mm pipe is really easy to bend, its the 20mm that is difficult, making the lily is a bit unpredictable but I have used a cut down acrylic champagne flute glued to the 20mm pipe, probably took me 8 hours over a few days & numerouse attempts :crazy:

foxfish said:
16mm pipe is really easy to bend, its the 20mm that is difficult, making the lily is a bit unpredictable but I have used a cut down acrylic champagne flute glued to the 20mm pipe, probably took me 8 hours over a few days & numerouse attempts :crazy:

:lol: we sit in his shed tinkering with fish things anyway so might as well try this.. we are both pretty handy. He's an electrician so resisting the urge to try Cree LED light unit next ;)

George Farmer said:
easerthegeezer said:
Me and somethingfishy are making them... been talking about it for ages as a garden shed hobby. Just need to perfect them and then will post up for sale... also acrylic spray bars made to measure ;)
Sounds promising. I'd be happy to see these go for sale on the UKAPS trading forum. :thumbup:

Cheers George, no promises though, might be replaced with pictures of burnt fingers and smashed up acrylic tube!
Maybe have some ready next week if i find some time play after planting the new tank on wednesday :crazy:

Back