• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jungle Cube 30l

bw577162 said:
very nice indeed for a nano tank !!! :D

Cheers mate, still needs some tlc and hopefully one day it will look really good.

I've ditched the idea of using the two arcpods as i saw the algae pearling and not the plants so ive put the 18w back on and will stick with it even if the glosso doesn't creep. I have the korolia really swaying it about now and can see load of co2 bubbles down there so if it works....great:)

Also just hear my optiwhite 26x12x15 is really can't wait for that. So im putting a shout out for xmas moss as i will need a fair bit :) if anyone can help just pm me.

I am still concerned about my dosing as my 3 shrimps died saw one on his back today on his way out. Is there any give with the ferts?

My moss is weird I think it grows best just after a water change and then growth stops, is there something missing here as well?

Glosso has grown up again so im going to trim it for the 5 time still no signs of any sideways growth.

img3634e.jpg

That's strange with the glosso, I've got 18w over a 20litre and it's really quite tight to the deck, even after adding aloada floating plants hasn't stopped the sideways growth. I planted in nods with one of 2 leaves when I originally planted.

Don't know what to say about the shrimp deaths, I really do t think it's related to ferts to be honest, have you listed you fert regime in this thread on on the dosing thread area, someone will tell you if your dosing correctly but asi said I can't see there being a correlation between the shrimp deaths and the ferts.

yeah i know strange isn't it? I looked at my co2 again and the drop checker is lime green morning then lime again in the evening ., lights on 7 hrs a day. flow is strong down there so cant really figure it. Anyway ive trimmed it back again so and maybe it might do it this time.

As for the poor shrimps I Cant keep them alive for love nor money. Bit worrying really when Im planning a shrimp tank! i think i might get three more and thats it! after that i will just leave them out which is a shame coz i like shrimps the best.

But what is really annoying me is the moss. How can I make it grow what am I doing wrong? people grow it in poor conditions all the time but its rubbish in my tank. maybe i should just take it out ?

Yeah as Paulo says keeping trimming it I'm sure it'll get into shape

As for for the moss, it does take time to re adjust to different tanks, I had some going crazy in one tank then trimmed it sold it apart from a small amount witch was left floating in a no tech tank and now it's been in a high-tech nano for over month close to two and still hasn't picked up like it was before. Mosses just sulk sometimes haha.

And for the shrimp, what is your water change routine

I would do mine once the drop checker is no longer green a couple hours after lights out, with treated tap water that had been left out for a few hours with a heater and air pump in, maybe over the top lol

Hey nayr,

I just wack the treated water in, 60% 2x a week. I dont let it heat up just get it to the right temp and in it goes. It would probably help if I did what you said as im a little inpatient.I will start giving it ago when i get some more as i ve been having a bit of trouble.... again and not just with the shrimp.

I went away and co2 dropped to around 1 bubble every 3 seconds and it was covered in algae, little black spots all over the wood, nana petit , and there is a green fury on my c.helfei. Some of my japonica has melted a bit aswell.

Well im getting a bit annoyed with it now, one step forward two steps back.

Im just gonna put my old 11w dennerle light above it now for two weeks and see what happens. If the glosso doesn't start carpeting after replanting again ill just pull it all out and resacpe with moss only in the foreground.

I really need to nail growing the moss as its going to be all over my wood in my new optiwhite. Its actually been delivered to my mums house in brum so should have it after easter:) lets just hope I hang in there because im at my wits end with mine at the moment.

after coming back after easter my tank looked terrible, the 11w light did help with algae but my glosso was tall and lanky and pretty much most plants have melted away:( so i taken it apart as ive lost patients with the whole thing.

R.I.P jungle scape....

I think my ehusiamum is slowly depleting, so next up for this 30l is just stones of the beach and sand with slow growers, 11w light.

set back after set back! and now I have an opti-white sat in my room, cant even be bothered to take out of the blue plastic rap:( however ive plonked some wood in it and i think it would look good once set up but just think im going to have same old problems.

Oiiiii!!! Less neg more .....leg...?? :D

Its all experience mate. Don't let a bad one dishearten you.

R.I.P the jungle lol

Ha don't worry I've redone it very quickly , no real thought just tried to save the odd plant. looks pretty natural but could be loads better.

I'll show u a pic soon :)

Mrmikey,....how do you presoak the Aqua soil amazomia? :oops: You said that you presoaked it for a month. Sorry for such a simple question.

i just left it in a bucket for a month or so, doing water changes 100% at a time. I only had about 2.5kg to do so it was pretty easy.

You can also just have it leech for a few weeks in the tank, it'll mature the filter that way.

Back