• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jewel Filter diffuser

Frederick

My tank is a jewel vision 180 with a jewel internal filter. I use co2 and also an external filter.
My question is this ... I also have a Jewel diffuser so would it be benificial to use the diffuser to further aeriate the water.
What is the opinion of members please.....Frederick

Using the diffuser would out gas the co2 your injecting into the tank, quite quickly too as the jewel diffuser throw out quite alot. You could use it at night to benefit the fish, and if you prefer to use it during the day also, then you'd need to compensate by injecting more co2 

Hello,
Aerating the water in a CO2 injected tank is the most unwise of all actions, for the reasons stated by Alastair above. You should be thinking of ways of dissolving CO2 efficiently and ways of distributing it within the tank, which is difficult enough, not how to eject it from the tank.

Cheers,

Frederick said:
My tank is a jewel vision 180 with a jewel internal filter. I use co2 and also an external filter.
My question is this ... I also have a Jewel diffuser so would it be benificial to use the diffuser to further aeriate the water.
What is the opinion of members please.....Frederick

It's a good idea to aerate the water, but don't let it affect your CO2 levels. Basically, the longer the aeration, the earlier you will have to switch on the CO2.

Back