• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[IWAGUMI] My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125 (THE END)

Re: My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125

Very nice contrast, always a fan of dragon stone.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks guys, the problems I had with the CO2 last week triggered an outbreak of diatoms in the rocks, I have reduced the light since then and been doing regular water changes and spot treating it, will see if it works!
The plan is to introduce the clean up crew next week, some amanos and ottos to keep it in check.

Bartash said:
the contrast between the rock and plants looks fantastic, beautiful.
Carl
Many thanks Carl

Tom said:
Are you sure the diatoms aren't part of the natural cycle of the tank? Mine started around this time, and then quickly disappeared as the filter matured.
Possibly, the filter was already mature when I started the tank as I kept it running on temp acrylic tank, I am just upping maintenance a little and the quicker it goes the better 😉

Quick update, gave the Staurogyne a good trim and planted the cuttings to make it more compact, also planted it a little more around the rocks including at the back. The HC is still growing nicely, spot dosed the rocks yesterday with H2O2 and the diatrom are less than half now, which is good for 24 hours 😉 The lighting is down to 4x24w.

Also with my hand pressed the HC to the substrate as it had parts growing upwards, that might encourage it to spread if not I will trim it on Monday.

Day 17:
p1030474b.jpg

p1030479.jpg

Thanks for looking! 🙂

great growth there Paulo 😀 .its taking shape so quick.
what are you going to replace the C Helferi with ?.

JenCliBee said:
Looking really nice paulo, keep up the good work 🙂
Thanks Jen 🙂

nelson said:
great growth there Paulo 😀 .its taking shape so quick.
what are you going to replace the C Helferi with ?.
Yeah growing way too fast, was not really expecting the HC to grow let alone at this pace!! Have reduced the light now and will reduce the photo period soon too. Lets hope no algae outbreaks.
Not sure yet, I have considered Eleocharis Vivipara or Juncus Repens, or just leave as it is and let the Staurogyne grow tall at the back.

Tom said:
I reckon some vivipara would work nicely, and maybe some parvula to merge the HC with the mid and background 🙂
The issue I have with the Vivipara is the amount of flow I have at the back, I might not go for any tall plants, I did think about the parvula but the problem also is controlling the runners from going everywhere haha
But there are a lot of possibilities there.

Dan Crawford said:
Dude, that is some outrageous growth, no problems with HC anymore, you're the master!
Yeah can't complain about HC no more that's for sure lol so much for the theory that London water is no good for it, might be due more to the ADA substrate 😉 and the ferts from Tobi also!!! next test will have to be to get rid of the ADA stuff, put the gravel back and test! lol (maybe not)

LondonDragon said:
Tom said:
I reckon some vivipara would work nicely, and maybe some parvula to merge the HC with the mid and background 🙂
The issue I have with the Vivipara is the amount of flow I have at the back, I might not go for any tall plants, I did think about the parvula but the problem also is controlling the runners from going everywhere haha
But there are a lot of possibilities there.

I wouldn't worry about runners, let it grow wild!

a1Matt said:
What about the original plan of Blyxa?
Its still there at the back, need to wait and see when it grows in 😉 the others are just alternatives at the moment if I don't like the blyxa, might need a bit more blyxa to get there quicker though.

Looks great. Very fast growing 😉 You will be to the next scape in now time 😀
I am missing some different shades of green a bit, mb something dark green?

Do you want to sell some of the HEMIANTHUS CALLITRICHOIDES ?

Piece-of-fish said:
Looks great. Very fast growing 😉 You will be to the next scape in now time 😀
I am missing some different shades of green a bit, mb something dark green?
Too fast really, I have purchased a couple of pots of Hygrophila Corymbosa "Compact" to mix with the Staurogyne Repens, to give it a little more texture. Will see how that works out. And now got some Vivipara at Vivarium to replace the Cyperus Helferi.

Puszek said:
Do you want to sell some of the HEMIANTHUS CALLITRICHOIDES ?
Need to grow it first and its not a plant you can really sell easy as you need to trim it and most will be too small to plant unless you rip up some of the carpet, HC is easily available from most stores.

I checked for it all my local aquarium shops but non of them got it . Buying from online shop is risque because you don't know what you will get ,that's why I prefer to buy from a private person's tank.

Back