• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this a damselfly larvae?

Monkfish

Looked in my tank today and saw about 6 of these in there all hanging out on the heater. They are only about 2-3mm long and impossible to catch (and just as hard to photograph!)

IMG_0904.JPG

if you search damselfly larvae in the search box i think you will find your answer.

Sorry cant work out how to share the page.

Si

ah yes. it is haha, not sure why search didn't;t work before. will have to try and syphon them out!

Hi all,
They are only about 2-3mm long and impossible to catch (and just as hard to photograph!)
I'm pretty sure they are <"Swimming Mayfly"> nymphs and specifically the "Pond Olive" (Cloeon dipterum). Damselfly larvae swim with a much slower, wiggly side to side action, where as these go at 90 mile an hour.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
oh yeah they are so bloody fast and run too. I'll see how it goes with them as from that post you sent it says they don;t bother fish or shrimp

that would make sense it being those as I have seen 3 or 4 of the adults in the house, and even fed one to my Betta, so that one might have released eggs as I submerged it!

Back