• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is Eheim Ecco Pro 200 (2034) a good choice for 60L?

Vinten

Seedling
Hi I am new to aquariums and aquascaping and I am planning to set up a 60 x 30 x 36 cm tank - 60L. (I am starting low-tech so no CO2).

Right now I am thinking a canister filter, will Eheim Ecco Pro 200 (2034) be a good filter?

Or is any of Fluval U2, AquaClear 50, Eheim classic 150, Eheim Pick up or Dennerle nano corner filter XL a better choice?

Thanks

Hi, I am also looking for an external filter for my new 54L...With the Ecco Pro 200 you get the 10x turnover for you so that's good, but I don't have experience on these models so cannot comment on other things. I am thinking of an Eheim Experience myself but not sure yet.
I can say I wouldn't go for the Dennerle one, I have the XL model running on a 45L QT tank, it's good there but wouldn't consider it as a permanent filter for that size. The flow is just too weak.

Hi all,
Eheim Ecco Pro 200 (2034)
That will be fine. They aren't as solidly built as the classic Eheim filters, and you have to be very careful with the handle mechanism.

I've got pre-owned 2234 Eccos, 2211& 2213 Classics and 2224 and 2226 Professionals, and they all work OK. It is worth getting the double taps for the Classics.

cheers Darrel

Back